Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RAT engine build spot available
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
OK...
Two months in a row another teener doesn't keep his word and falls out of line after being on the wait list for 5 months.

Long story short:
I have a build slot for a 2270 Performer (160HP) or a 2316 Annihilator (180 HP) up for grabs if anyone is insterested and doesn't want to wait for months on the wait list. Its much easier for me to try to fill this spot than advancing everyone on my list one position- that creates a nightmare and a totally screwed schedule.

The engine build is set to begin immediately, so be willing to pony up a 50% deposit immediately. The engine will be completed in January and at that time the remaining 50% will be due.

I am so sick of this that I'm totally beside myself. Yack.gif
Katmanken
Damn Jake...

Sorry to hear that...

It's a tough world out there. Lots of people I know have lost their jobs... even me..

If things go well, I might land a job that will enable me to buy some of your toys...

Take care,

Ken

Jake Raby
This fellow was very cordial about the situation and he did not lie to me- unlike the last time a month or so ago.

At least he gave me a good core with 2.0 heads for all the hassles- who ever takes this slot will get the core and heads FOR FREE-

I'd rather take a shot in the chest as have my schedule get screwed up!

bd1308
I dream of owning a raby engine someday.....

gives me *something* to look forward to.

that and starting a family (not soon tho)

b
Jake Raby
At this rate all you'l be able to get is a used RAT engine for a 914, or an engine kit, or Turbo kit...

The days for copmplete engines are history-
bd1308
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Nov 14 2005, 09:58 PM)
At this rate all you'l be able to get is a used RAT engine for a 914, or an engine kit, or Turbo kit...

The days for copmplete engines are history-

you have to do what you have to do i guess.....
Joe Ricard
People get screwed all the time, unfortunately it goes both ways too. If I could find a contractor that was reliable, affordable and willing to do a quality job I would not be rebuilding my house myself.
180 bucks a square for 3 tab shingles is a little bit extreme. finger.gif
7,000 dollars to hang sheet rock is absurd.
Let's not even go the direction of tree removal
and Tile? OMG hijacked.gif
Jake Raby
Joe,
I can only imagine...
jimkelly
Jake,

I approve of your new avatar - the old one freaked me out to be honest : )

Who was that mad man!

Jim
r_towle
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Nov 15 2005, 07:19 AM)
People get screwed all the time, unfortunately it goes both ways too. If I could find a contractor that was reliable, affordable and willing to do a quality job I would not be rebuilding my house myself.
180 bucks a square for 3 tab shingles is a little bit extreme. finger.gif
7,000 dollars to hang sheet rock is absurd.
Let's not even go the direction of tree removal
and Tile? OMG hijacked.gif

Joe.
for both of those prices...all I have to say is call a commercial insurance agent and get a quote on both Liability and workers comp insurance...

Roofing is the highest in the industry....I know aolt of my roofers stopped roofing because of the cost of insurance alone.

Workers comp is very high for sheetrock hangers...lots of claims...

Check it out before you get to angry...tree work too....

The cost of insurance drives up the cost of construction...

Rich
Jake Raby
Jim,
I like the gunslinger avatar better as well... Hell just looking at my old avatar made me want to go rip someone's larnyx out with my bare hands!
IanStott
Jake, I'm striking out on shipping the .......... My brother in New Jersey rec'd the clutch parts thanks. We will have to talk re. the crustaceons. I really want to get you some! when I go to my brothers I always bring a bunch and we have a big feed. Thinking that when I do that, might be the best solution unless you have another idea. Sorry to hear about another guy dropping out on you. Is the spot taken yet?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
914werke
PM sent
SGB
Jake-
Since you have cores already, would you consider , uh, monthly terms? Like $100/ mo for 5 years? unsure.gif
Jake Raby
Nope... Can't swing that!

Looks like I might just use the slot to build an engine to sale on ebay... Just to see what happens.
MattR
Jake, sorry for the hijack, but did you get my PM?
Tobra
SO does this mean in 18 months when I amengine shopping I will have to lie and say I am doing a VW conversion?
Jake Raby
Yeah- But then the powerband will suck for a 914 and my balance efforts will be worthless since all those important components (flywheel & pressure plate) will have to be swapped.

Or you'll have to pay for the engine in full before even getting on the wait list and then wade through more paperwork than you do when buying a house- Because I WILL keep your money if you back out!

Thats the only way it works now fellas- 100% up front and you then deal with my Attorney to finish the deal!
bd1308
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Nov 15 2005, 05:51 PM)
Yeah- But then the powerband will suck for a 914 and my balance efforts will be worthless since all those important components (flywheel & pressure plate) will have to be swapped.

Or you'll have to pay for the engine in full before even getting on the wait list and then wade through more paperwork than you do when buying a house- Because I WILL keep your money if you back out!

Thats the only way it works now fellas- 100% up front and you then deal with my Attorney to finish the deal!

should have been all long.
Jake Raby
Yep- I have trusted people too much all along.
Tobra
That is what I said last time you were ranting about this stuff.
Jake Raby
Yep and its the only way to do it...

Unfortunately the hassles and the legal charges drive the price up for the customer...

If it gets to the point that I have to do this for all my customers I'll go back to working on aircraft. Its pretty dan sad when a man's word isn't worth anything-
stecz
Ok, so how much are we talking? What else do I need to come up with to put this in my '73?
Jake Raby
Its not any particular engine- Its a slot of time for me to personalize an engine that you want and ultimately NED to achieve your goals...

Anywhere from 7K clear to 14.5K could be the end result.. This slot was for a 2270 engine that was going to have about 80 hours dedicated to it for a price tag of about 12K fully dressed and 100% ready to rock- All dyno tested, balanced and blueprinted.

Install and go- no guesswork.

Hell even the clutch and pressure plate (new) are included

And you are getting a FREE 2 liter core from my flaked out customer- Thats worth 1K alone!
bd1308
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Nov 15 2005, 09:05 PM)

And you are getting a FREE 2 liter core from my flaked out customer- Thats worth 1K alone!

I can't GIVE my 2.0 away.

its not worth 1 grand.
Jake Raby
Sure it is- The heads easily sell for 500 bucks as cores... People SCREAM for them at that price al the time..

BTW- Thank god this customer flaked out before I did any more work on the engine- thats the only reason I can even keep this slot open- because I never got started fully...

BUT I think its gone now ;-)
bd1308
okay well i have a set of 2.0 heads....

b
SGB
"Oh the lottery, the lottery, I wish I'd win the lottery! If I Only played the lottery then maybe I would win!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.