Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Just Quit....While Driving....?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Garland
Pulling out on to the main road, under semi hard acceleration, the engine stumbled. It was like the switch was turned off, and the back on. 3 Miles later, same type of acceleration, quit and would not restart. Pulled over. Checked fuel pump, it was priming when the key was turned on. Electric at coil was good. So why won't it start? FI 1.7

Poked around and tried it again, and off I went. Well the rest of the ride when ever I went past 1/2 way with the gas pedal, it would try to shut down. Let off the gas or hard on the gas , and it ran.

When I got home I found the accelerator cable when under tension, would just touch one of the leeds on the coil and short out through a pin size hole on the casing of the accelerator cable.

Moved the cable a little, and good to go.
McMark
Ahhh, another crazy 914 story. That's a good one. Glad to hear it's solved though. Nice work! clap.gif
swl
Now that is one for the books!
nomore9one4
Pay $65 a hour to diagnose that one! Good work! Now find out why your brakelights where not working! biggrin.gif
Flat VW
Di-electric throttle cables, new product idea idea.gif , Engman!

John
Engman
Di-electric throttle cables, new product idea  , Engman!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I am actually working on a flux capacitor. Hope to offer it as my xmas special. And right now I am actually working on a gizmow.

laugh.gif

M
bd1308
does the gismo replace my single-carb? Right now(cold weather), it's like trying to race a cow on the horse-track.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.