Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tail Light Lenses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
please include all running cars. not items in the parts bin. edit: oops. already see a prob. how should we handle multiple cars in a household? unsure.gif i have 2 cars. one running each version. some admin guy could alter the poll with choises like, 2 cars 2 styles, 2 cars 2 R, 2 cars A. for folks with 3,4,5 cars...you figure it out. wacko.gif

k
Brando
Now if only my lights worked right... Hit the right blinker the turn signal blinks but my reverse lights fade in and out.

Crappy old wiring. I'll re-do all the connectors eventually.
Porsche Rescue
I have never understood the appeal of euro lenses, front or rear. I think the cars look much better without a rainbow of colors on the back. Red and white is enough, don't need yellow too. This is especially true of cars with the rear reflector. Same with the front. A nice single color lens looks better than yellow/white. When I get a car with euro lenses I immediately head to Camp 914 for a swap. Craig gets what he likes and I do too.
Porsche Rescue
And.........
Dr. Roger
are these euro's?
PO did all of it...

user posted image
StratPlayer
You mean like this?
Porsche Rescue
Yes and Yes
jasons
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Nov 15 2005, 12:31 PM)
I have never understood the appeal of euro lenses, front or rear. I think the cars look much better without a rainbow of colors on the back. Red and white is enough, don't need yellow too. This is especially true of cars with the rear reflector. Same with the front. A nice single color lens looks better than yellow/white. When I get a car with euro lenses I immediately head to Camp 914 for a swap. Craig gets what he likes and I do too.

Whats funny is.... The BMW guys I know are all looking for red and clear lens's to lose the amber. 914 guys are looking for the euros to have the amber.

I have a set of both smilie_pokal.gif
bondo
Amber turn signals are perfectly legal, but amber taillights are not. I'm running US lenses now, but I intend to put euros on the V8 when it's done. I will rewire things such that the amber part is only on for turnsignals, red for tail and brake.

Is that the way the euro cars were wired? My theory is that the US lens was made all red so that the turnsignal could be additional taillights and satisfy the US side visible taillight requirement without a tacky add-on like they used in the front.
bondo
As far as preference goes, to me it all depends on the color of the car.
JoeSharp
What about the ar15.gif French.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
JoeSharp
During the change.
Aaron Cox
i like the euros....

french are cool on light cars....like blue.....

and look sinister on black smile.gif
MattR
USA A OK

user posted image
double-a
turn signals in front are amber, why not the back too? makes sense. amber = turn, red = brake.

~a
firstknight13
hijacked.gif matt what tires are you runnin the tread looks GOOD wink.gif
MattR
QUOTE (firstknight13 @ Nov 15 2005, 05:45 PM)
hijacked.gif matt what tires are you runnin the tread looks GOOD wink.gif

Falken Azines Sport. They're the old model (RT215), which are discontinued. The new ones (RT615) look cool also. www.vulcantire.com has them.
tat2dphreak
I like Eur lights personally... or the french ones... ESP. on an orange car... it's just a sexy look!
smooth_eddy
I think a 914 looks way better with the front side markers removed. It gives a much cleaner look. I always thought they stick out like a sore thumb. Eddy
jonwatts
All red lenses look good on some cars, but what I've always hated about them is when you have somebody pumping the brake with their blinker on (it's happened more times than I can remember) and you get this LEFT / RIGHT thing going on and you can't tell what the hell their doing.

But Kevin, I agree with bondo, the problem isn't with the amber lenses, it's that they aren't wired properly, oh, and the fact that Washington cops are dhead.gifs
Gint
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Nov 15 2005, 08:19 PM)
I like Eur lights personally... or the french ones... ESP. on an orange car... it's just a sexy look!

agree.gif

I need to try to clean these up. A few cracks too.

BMITCHELL
I like the euro also.
Rockaria
No reason you should be out of compliance... To get the rear parking lights to not be Amber when the lights are on there is no Need to rewire anything...

There is a small bulb in the tail light in the Amber area for "parking Lights" and a big bulb for the turn signal. All you need to do is replace the small bulb with a red "gel" bulb. Like one that they use on a clear lense to make it red. Then when the lights are on it lights up red, and it looks red through the Amber lense. When the blinker is going it flashes yellow.

Its this bulb #1893 on the USA lens assembly:
user posted image

You need that small bulb so the lens lights up on the side of the car in the USA. If you eliminate the bulb then you will not be able to see any lights on the car in the rear area looking from the side.

I think this is the size (1893) and color:
user posted image

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1893-Hyper-...sspagenameZWD1V

1893 RED LED Solution at ebay...

Just take the bulb to the FLAPS and match it with a red one.

Cool!
RON S.
My car is a real euro car.

Don't know if it's legal or not,but in S.C. if it runs and drives,it can be put on the road.

Ron
RON S.
Front shot,

real working euro turn signals,and euro DRIVING lamps.
Ron
marks914
All clear with amber/red bulbs. No side reflects though.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.