Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: petronix electronic ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jporsche914
I just checked my email and mid america gave me 15% off so i was thinking about buying the pertronix ignition kit for my 72 1.7L the only thing is they have a different kit for a Centrifugal advance and the vacumm advance they said i need to buy the Centrifugal advance but performance products has one kit for all the years. Does this sound right to you guys.
tat2dphreak
huh.gif I *think* there's only one... it would be the same one the bettle's use I believe... I got my compufire from Cb, and don't remember having to make choices...
Rouser
PerTronix Ignitor module #1847V. That also goes for the 009 and 050 centrifugal-advance-only distributors.

It would seem the new Ignitor II is also available for the 009 and 050 (#91847V).
jporsche914
Sorry about the dumb question but do 72 914 have Centrifugal Advance Distributor
Rouser
They ALL have centrifugal advance built-in; be concerned if it also has a vacuum advance dashpot on the side of the distributor.

If your car still has the OEM FI, it has vacuum advance and the original distributor. If it's been converted to carbs, than all bets are off and you probably have a 009 or 050 distributor. Either way, the 1847V is the one to get.
jporsche914
does any one know where i can get a dwell/tachometer tool so i can get it set right
bd1308
i got mine from flaps...when i had my pertronix i thought they just say to set a air gap with an included spacer tool(small plastic spacer)

Demick
With the pertronix, you don't need a dwell/tach as there is no dwell adjustment. That's only for points.

With pertronix, just set the timing and forget it.

Demick
jporsche914
thanks alot guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.