Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help workin on my porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Hey local group... I'm over here at skline's, the garage finally cleaned, I got my 944 up on jack stands and I'm running low on time to get this clutch job done. Scott's out at a meeting for something tonight but I'm going to head back down here tomorrow as early as I can to get on the car again. If anyone can lend a hand I'd be most appreciative. I'll even buy you a couple of brews.

Since everything's been untouched on the car I'm having trouble busting some of these things apart, I'll probably have the transmission out tonight and the torque tube pulled back but I absolutely gotta get done by friday night/saturday. Please please please if anyone can help, I need hands!

TIA

~B
Jeroen
can't help ya, but I can give you a icon_bump.gif
Dead Air
i hope it's not like this one... icon_bump.gif
bad clutch...
weird grinding noises from rear struts...
jasons
QUOTE (Brando @ Nov 16 2005, 04:32 PM)
I'll probably have the transmission out tonight and the torque tube pulled back but I absolutely gotta get done by friday night/saturday.

I've done this job and let me just tell you.... I don't envy you one F'ing bit. Thats a shitty tough job. Getting that central driveline back is a royal Beeyatch. Unfortunately, it doesn't end there, next you have to get the bellhousing off.

Heres some tips....

There is about one position that the driveline can be in to get it to move back far enough. Just be patient and work it until it just goes where you want it. I know thats not any great help, but you will understand when you get to it.

You will have to remove the 2 flywheel sensors on top of the bellhousing to get the bellhousing out. However, you can leave the brackets in place and you won't have to reset the gaps. One more thing, the sensors are each in a sleeve, the sleeve will also have to come out.

Be prepared to strip the pressure plate cheesehead nuts. Plan on replacing them. I got lucky and only had to drill one.

Sorry I can't help, I'm a state away. But I sympathize with you cause I know what you are about to go through. This job is a rite of passage for a 944 owner.

BTW If your car is not a turbo, this may be the only time you will be grateful for it.

Andyrew
Yup.. sucky job...

Dads doing it right now!!...

Im in here... doing 4 term papers.. Lovely!!! I'd rather be him though..
Aaron Cox
class all day manana.

sorry man sad.gif
Brando
C'mon guys! I'm desperately low on time. Gotta have this car back on the road before sunday (back at work).
SpecialK
All I can give is moral support....and a icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.