Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0/4 muffler mod?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
I seem to remember a web page around that had a project similar to the /6 sport conversion for the 2.0/4, anyone know where that is/was, or have a picture of such a thing.

I have a pic of the mods somewhere on about 300 gigs of used drive space..

headbang.gif

I was thinking of doing my first welding...

M
tryan
here is an internal shot of a teener OEM. i would just wack off or open up the preforated ends that feed the central chamber for starters.
redshift
Ouch!

Hey, running it pretty much like the /6 sport would be loud as hell, huh?

happy11.gif

Thanks man.

M
tryan
the inlets feed into the ends. ( the shot cuts off the right side. a bad crop ) the preforated tube that you can see ( and another underneath feed the central chamber through preforation in the end of the pipe (~1/16" holes?)

a larger diameter pipe goes from the center of the central cavity to the extreme left in the photo( passenger side on the car). another pipe goes all the way across to the tail pipe.

hell. the exhaust has to travel 10' inside the maze.

the sport muffler thing is on the bird board. they are a little raspy in sport mode, so the neighbors would not like me.
TimT
Look Here
tryan
teeners don't look like that internally.
TimT
wasnt sure.. he kept mentioning the/6 muff......the principles would be the same
tryan
mine sounds pretty cool with the muffler OFF. rolleyes.gif it is LOUD. louder than the 351 in the boat with straight pipes.

the teener muffler looks more restricted than the pre 74 911. i think removing the preforated end would shorten the effective length by 10%, but still keep it somewhat quiet and look stock.
Aaron Cox
anyone ever done brads flowmaster conversion for a /4?...that could be a fun project! (camaro muffler 2 in 2 out)
Brad Roberts
Interesting idea ACox. idea.gif I may have to try that one.

As soon as I start building my street car...

B
Aaron Cox
thats what i wanna do..... (after i learn how to weld- or have my friend do it...) 2 in 2 out would be cool!

can you post that pic of your /6 setup plz (to get an idea) - did you go with bent tubing or welded pieces?
airsix
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 17 2003, 07:16 PM)
Interesting idea ACox. idea.gif I may have to try that one.
As soon as I start building my street car...
B

ohmy.gif Brad's going to own/drive a 914 OF HIS OWN?!!!!! jk wink.gif
boxstr
Saw acouple of Gamroth Rothsport Flowmaster setups for the six for sale at the John Walker swap meet. Looks very neat and I have seen them on some 914-6 racers at the vintage races. Has the look of a Boxster S out the back. Very KEWL.
CCLINFLOWMASTERLAND
tat2dphreak
a conversion kit to use flowmaster or cherry bomb//glasspack mufflers like a chebbie uses would be really cool! I like LOUD!! and that would be LOUDER and cheaper than another MONZA 4-tip set up.
Dave_Darling
A local guy "sport-ized" a stock 2.0 "sausage" muffler so that it was two-in-two-out. Had the two outlets in the middle, just like the 911 sport muffler.

That sucker was freaking loud!! Much louder than the Bursch. I drove it that way for a few months and then s**tcanned it (actually, sold it to another local guy who is partly deaf!) because it was so loud.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.