Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: back pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
has anyone made their own back pad? My after market seats might not work with stock pad.

Allan
IIRC it has been done before. Maybe do a search for "backpad". I have thought about it and decided that if I was going to do it I would take a class at our local vocational school and do it as my class project.
SpecialK
I remember seeing a carpeted firewall that somebody did that didn't look half bad.
lapuwali
Look in the recent SDS install thread for an example of a carpeted firewall. That's the way I'd go.
Hammy
I keep hearing about carpetted firewalls but have yet to see any detailed pictures... idea.gif
boxstr
I took one out of a car I sold recnetly. It is made of wood and is carpeted with the Perlon material. The PO made it to house a couple sets of speakers for the stereo.
I will take a pic in the next day or two.
CCLINBACKPAINPAD
grasshopper
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Nov 16 2005, 06:05 PM)
I remember seeing a carpeted firewall that somebody did that didn't look half bad.

i think 914RS, Joe did one.... cant find any pics... mabey he will chime in smile.gif
jd74914
Here is one of Joe's pics. There are many more in his bloguser posted image
r_towle
I believe that you can unscrew the center part of the backpad once you have it out....

You might be able to redo just the center and be good to go...

Rich
Lou W
Here's one;
Lou W
Last one, I don't know who made this;
v82go
i'll try to take a better pic. of mine
lotus_65
QUOTE (Headrage @ Nov 16 2005, 08:34 PM)
IIRC it has been done before.  Maybe do a search for "backpad".  I have thought about it and decided that if I was going to do it I would take a class at our local vocational school and do it as my class project.

great idea, but i'd go to this class...
toon1
hey V82go is that a custom pad? what seats are those, they look real close to what i have(Recaro)?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.