Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Trunk Info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I made this image for a customer, so I thought I'd share it since it has general 914 knowledge. The image shows the flat panel sections in teal, the double walled box section that braces the rear shock towers is in pink, and you can also clearly see the transmission cross brace.
McMark
Here's the original image for reference.
balljoint
That looks nice.

What colours will you be painting the exterior with?

smile.gif
fiid
av-943.gif
McMark
Pink, DUH! It's for Jes. wink.gif
Jeroen
here you can see the double walled upright piece of the firewall
this makes it a very sturdy construction and that is way a rear shock tower brace is total BS in our cars
Jeroen
nuther pic
echocanyons
Is the shock tower double walled?
Jeroen
yes, but that's not shown in these pics...
markb
QUOTE (McMark @ Nov 17 2005, 01:26 PM)
I made this image for a customer, so I thought I'd share it since it has general 914 knowledge. The image shows the flat panel sections in teal, the double walled box section that braces the rear shock towers is in pink, and you can also clearly see the transmission cross brace.

Looks purple to me. unsure.gif
echocanyons
Is the shock tower double walled above this yellow line depicting the seam or just up to this area?

Gint
I posted pics of a cut up shock tower on this site in the past. I can do it again tomorrow. I still have the pieces out behind the shed. I cut one right down the middle.

Actually, IIRC, there may be a link to the thread with pics in my "rusto"ration thread towards the last part.
echocanyons
it looks like you could just remove the top mount piece if replacement was needed.
echocanyons
BTW thanks for the picture Gint
yarin
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Nov 17 2005, 04:59 PM) *

this makes it a very sturdy construction and that is way a rear shock tower brace is total BS in our cars

So you're saying there is no point in purchasing an aftermarket shock tower brace or welding in a cross brace?
SirAndy
QUOTE(yarin @ Nov 23 2007, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeroen @ Nov 17 2005, 04:59 PM) *

So you're saying there is no point in purchasing an aftermarket shock tower brace or welding in a cross brace?

correct ... waste of yer hard earned money ...

shades.gif Andy
JeffBowlsby
Nice to see you posting here Jeroen...!
ejm
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 24 2007, 01:47 AM) *

Nice to see you posting here Jeroen...!

He did that a lot two years ago wink.gif
Jeff Hail
A good example of the factory rear trunk floor, towers and bulkhead assembly as sold as the oem replacement.

Gint
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Nov 17 2005, 07:12 PM) *

it looks like you could just remove the top mount piece if replacement was needed.

IPB Image

That pic looks familiar... wink.gif
davep
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Nov 24 2007, 08:24 PM) *

A good example of the factory rear trunk floor, towers and bulkhead assembly as sold as the oem replacement.

Do you have that part Jeff?
Good to see that in the parts vault already.
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 25 2007, 11:58 AM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Nov 24 2007, 08:24 PM) *

Do you have that part Jeff?
Good to see that in the parts vault already.

I do not. The assembly in the photo is for sale in England for two arms and a leg.
I also posted it in the vault to share.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.