Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHERE can i find headlight pivot bushings...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
need some new pivot bushings...and a circlip or two for the motor's crank to the connecting rod.....

AA
Aaron Cox
mattr has the circlip covered....

but bushings for the pivots and the motor crank and connecting rods
John
OOPS!

I was thinking of the headlight bushings... Nevermind
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (JOHNMAN @ Nov 17 2005, 10:28 PM)
The pivot bushings are the same size as the belcrank bushings. They are also used in pedal clusters. You could find the bronze ones for belcranks or break up a pedal cluster set.

Good luck

positive?
Aaron Cox
the belcrank trans ones are 3.00 each from pelican....

which do you reccomend for headlights?
plastic or bronze?

John
I'm confused. Are you needing the bushings that pivot the headlights up and down, or the bushings in the crank arm?

The HEADLIGHT bushings for the pivots are the same as the belcrank bushings. I don't know what bushings are used in the crank arms.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (JOHNMAN @ Nov 17 2005, 10:40 PM)
I'm confused. Are you needing the bushings that pivot the headlights up and down, or the bushings in the crank arm?

The HEADLIGHT bushings for the pivots are the same as the belcrank bushings. I don't know what bushings are used in the crank arms.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

i need ALL of em.

pivots and cranks...
John
Ok, so I'm NOT sticking to it.

I went out and grabbed some parts.

In the pedal cluster bronze bushing kit are two small bushings used for the throttle belcrank at the pedal cluster. These two bushings are almost the same size as the headlight pivot bushings. The ID fits on the pivot shaft, but the OD is too large for the tube.

The 911/914 rear belcrank bushings are a different size. They are close but not exactly the same size as the headlight crank arm bushings. I tried some and the rear 911/914 belcrank bushings are a loose fit on the crank arm shafts on the headlights. I couldn't quickly locate a crank arm so I didn't try that fit.

Sorry for the confusion.

So what I was saying was WRONG.

I deeply apologize, and will be quiet now.

You may be able to measure the bushings and get bronze bushings through a bearing supplier. We used to order oddball bushings from Bronze Headquarters.

Sorry again for my misinformation.

LowGT
If you find a solution to those bushings let me know. I need them as well. If a hit a large bump sometimes the arm pops off the motor and my headlight flops down. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (LowGT @ Nov 17 2005, 11:45 PM)
If you find a solution to those bushings let me know. I need them as well. If a hit a large bump sometimes the arm pops off the motor and my headlight flops down. smile.gif

sounds like your missing a circlip.

someone is looking into making them in delrin
boxstr
You can reuse the bushings for the headlights if you clean them and lubricate them. Tighten the nut on the motor crank or install a missing circlip.
CCLINHEADINMYWAY
sean_v8_914
damn! I hate to even say this but the Satan stromberg.gif of the 914 Kingdom in Atlanta had some 3 years ago. it took 2 weeks to get them
Twystd1
Hey Aaron...

Have ya tried the Epoxy - chewing gum trick on this???

Remember ???????????

I told you how to do it last year..

It works every time and is MUCH better than stock.

Matt tried it and worked like a charm.

Slits swears by it.

And Skline didn't believe me till he tried it.

Even the guy at the D&G swapo meet started to sell directions for it..

I'm thinking Jake is gunna start using it too...... Only for the Type 1 guys.

Go for it dude... it won't hurt....

Twystd1
LowGT
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 17 2005, 10:48 PM)
sounds like your missing a circlip.

someone is looking into making them in delrin

Sorry for the slow reply, I'm still getting used to how this forum operates.

I am missing the circlips as well as the bushings. I guess I'm just double screwed. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.