Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engman, AKA mark.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2440683573

looks like 9xauto.com is making something vaguely familiar....anybody know what it is? idea.gif
bd1308
wonder....
Andyrew
9x $90

Engman $60

He's got no worries....

And I think 9x has had those for a while....
Jeroen
Looks like they just buy them from Engman and mark them up...
Engman
Nope they make their own. The difference is

Mine - 2.4lb

Theirs - 2.6lb

and of course the $ difference. wink.gif

M
Dead Air
QUOTE (Engman @ Nov 18 2005, 06:10 AM)

Mine - 2.4lb

Theirs - 2.6lb

M

[QUOTE]

idea.gif clap.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif happy11.gif
lagunero
QUOTE (Engman @ Nov 18 2005, 06:10 AM)

Mine - 2.4lb

Theirs - 2.6lb

M

Damn! I should have waited to buy theirs! laugh.gif
anthony
someone stole your design.

I've seen aluminum pedal boards around for many years. I'm not sure "stole" is the right word.
bd1308
i'm still new here. only one i've seen is Engman's and I was looking out for him.

b
Aaron Cox
rennline boads have been around for years... and are 100 bucks or so
SirAndy
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 18 2005, 01:56 AM)
looks like 9xauto.com is making something vaguely familiar....

i'm not sure they "stole" his design ...

i got a alu pedal board from a friend of a friend who has a machine shop and made a small run for his own 914 about 10 years ago ...

the idea has been floating around for a while ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
736conver
Its just like most things you see. It most likely has already been done by someone else. There are just different versions. Pedal boards, roller bearing kits, etc.
msglaigaie
I pulled the rug up when I first purchased the batmobile and it had an aluminium board already installed. The holes looked like they were made with a hand held can opener and then smoothed over with a ball peen hammer. Much more durable than wood, but very ugly and on the replacement list. MSG L
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 18 2005, 11:24 AM)

I think the rennline ones are about 2x as thick as normal boards too, IIRC why you need 2x as thck for a more duarble material, I don't get...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Nov 18 2005, 10:02 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 18 2005, 11:24 AM)

I think the rennline ones are about 2x as thick as normal boards too, IIRC why you need 2x as thck for a more duarble material, I don't get...

helps the f/r weight bias biggrin.gif
jsteele22

looks like 9xauto.com is making something vaguely familiar....anybody know what it is? idea.gif

So thats where Engman gets his ideas....
Engman

Nope - wanted to do one - so I spent a Sunday in front of the computer with two wooden boards. Made a metal check template / revised a little / ran another check template and then made one for myself. I made them cause *I* wanted one. Pretty much the same for almost everything I make. Before I offer it I use it and have someone else verify it. Then and only then, does anything become a sellable item. I am sure Morphenspectra and Boxter have much the same story.

M
jsteele22
Sorry, just meant it as a poke.gif

I Don't have any of your stuff, but I do gather that it's top notch.
lagunero
QUOTE (jsteele22 @ Nov 18 2005, 09:17 AM)

lol2.gif
phantom914
I get my ideas from 9xauto too. For instance, I used a cold air intake for some plumbing in my house.

Andrew
Engman
Sorry, just meant it as a  

I Don't have any of your stuff, but I do gather that it's top notch.

No - none taken, just thought I would tell why and how stuff gets made.

Admittedly, I am behind on several new things. Work has been really work lately.

M
Hydra
Something is bothering me.... Ever since i got my car (more than a year ago) it never had any pedal board, and from what i leran frm you guys, this board is somewhat structural especially for clutch pedal movement. The thing is that i never had any problem with my clutch pedal or cable... blink.gif
So the question is: Is it really THAT important?

Regards
Mueller
QUOTE (Hydra @ Nov 18 2005, 04:51 PM)
Something is bothering me.... Ever since i got my car (more than a year ago) it never had any pedal board, and from what i leran frm you guys, this board is somewhat structural especially for clutch pedal movement. The thing is that i never had any problem with my clutch pedal or cable... blink.gif
So the question is: Is it really THAT important?

Regards

very important...the board also has a built-in throttle pedal stop...without it, you can be damaging your throttle body every time you go WOT

Hydra
what is exactly the role of the board when it comes to the clutch pedal?
Mark Henry
Stops you from pushing it in too far...it WILL break your cable some day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.