Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something new for my garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
I cooked this up at the shop last week. idea.gif
My spare engine for the race car was just sitting on the floor of the truck, and I have several other engines laying about the garage that need to be more easily portable.
I have a couple of small rectangular dollies but I wanted something purposebuilt with a lower center of gravity.
My design supports the engine from the square bosses on the bottom of the heads, provides clearance for attached stub pipes and other peripheral hardware, and can have a piece of plywood under it to support the case as well if desired. smile.gif
type47
smilie_pokal.gif dang! beats my furniture dolly! beautiful work. now stand by for the requests to buy one!
URY914
Looks sweet. You better figure out a price and put in on your site. People will want them

I made a rolling engine rack that will hold three on top of each other. But it's ugly.

Paul

TINCAN914
Nice work... Build it and they will come.. biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Verrrry nice !
ChrisFoley
I nailed down the design on the first one.
I bought two sets of casters at once so,
the second one will be made to determine a suitable price.
welder.gif
nomore9one4
Would work great to store wheels aswell! mueba.gif
r_towle
Chris,

I would prefer one at about the height of a milk crate...
The famous crate is my normal stool to work on...

I was thinking, adjust the valves, work on the motor...clean it etc...

I have never tried one at that height (I am a dolly kida guy) so I dont know if it is good bad or what....

Just a thought...

Rich
URY914
Chris,

Make it so the height is adjustable somehow. Or high enough to get a floor jack under it. wink.gif

Sorry, don't mean to pile on more with wild ass suggestions. Leave it as is.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (URY914 @ Nov 18 2005, 11:15 AM)
Leave it as is.

That's what I'um doin' cool_shades.gif
jd74914
Sweet dolly smilie_pokal.gif

I agree with Paul, there is definately a market for those. That one is really nice.

firstknight13
smilie_pokal.gif of course it doesn't surprise me chris YOU made it!!! NICE WORK!!!
jimtab
QUOTE (URY914 @ Nov 18 2005, 08:15 AM)
Chris,

Make it so the height is adjustable somehow. Or high enough to get a floor jack under it. wink.gif

Sorry, don't mean to pile on more with wild ass suggestions. Leave it as is.

Oooooh, hydrolics/lift kit, bling 22s..... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.