Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my fender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
today was much dif. yest all got to get a feel for the tools and we moved from corner to corner. carl took one fender, i took another. we spent 3hrs on our individual fenders. this is when you see the change you are effecting. if i can figure this out anyone can. you have to relax. work for a while, then standup and shake it out, see what the last 10 min have wrought.
rhodyguy
the curve has started. look at the ammount of lip showing. plus dave and his co-pilot.
rhodyguy
gauge showing what's need.
tryan
looks damn good. do you use the same gage for all 4 fenders?
rhodyguy
after a couple of hours. today we discussed "how much is needed". wheel and tire combo is a crucial issue. you only need do what it takes. dave needs to just bolt the suspension up and put the wheels on. want to tag team it chris? john noted that if one isn't going too wide, dave could be "close" to fine tunning/hammer and dolly..

kevin
ChrisReale
Sorry I baled out today. I have pre-exam jitters, and dont think I need to have sore arms from pounding when I am handling screws the size of flea's (watchmaker) Once finals are over on Wednesday, I'll help out as much as I can
rhodyguy
you have bigger fish to fry chris. with a shorter crew it's much quieter. if you would email me your #. i would like to talk to you on the phone.

kevin
Dave Cawdrey
heres a good'n
John Kelly
Tryan, There is a different template for the rears.

Chris, You worked your ass off on Saturday! I hope you are not too sore. I really like how your car looks... lowered just right.

Geoff, One day of hammering is plenty to start with...we have a ways to go yet. Thanks for bringing a crew on Saturday!

Kevin, Great work! Thanks for your enthusiasm for the process. Your fender could be finished in short order if we were going for a small flare in the front.

Karl, What can I say? I think it is fantastic that you came all the way here from Florida. Thanks for all the time pounding on the most difficult fender on the car...the over-worked one with the bad edge detail, and poor elasticity. I hope your back is alright. It was great to meet you.

Dave, Thanks to you and your family for keeping us nourished with food and drink. Your reaction to the work we all did was very rewarding...."awesome!"

And special kudos to the guys dealing with the Van while we've been having a party. I hope some of you can get in on the fun at the next flare party. I promise it will lower the stress levels. Something about bashing the metal is therapuetic.

I've made some new friends this weekend, and had a great time. The response to this project has been amazing. We went Amish (sp?)on Dave's car...modern day community barn raising kind of a thing.

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.