Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sooo..... Aside from the B-B-Q
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
When I poured my driveway I thought I could park 16 914's in my driveway. We may have that many car here for the weigh-in. This would be SUPPER-KOOL. A sea of teeners parked in my drive. I'm getting wood.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
KaptKaos
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

PM me your address please. Not sure I can make it, depends on how long it takes me to swap out the starter.
porschecb
How many yards of concrete did your driveway (runway) take? ohmy.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (porschecb @ Nov 18 2005, 01:37 PM)

wouldnt it be square-footage?
Mueller
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Nov 18 2005, 02:39 PM)

nope, yards is correct.........drove a cement mixer for a few years....can you believe me behind the wheel of one those?!?!?! MDB2.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Nov 18 2005, 01:39 PM)

Concrete is measured in yards. Please post the photo of the cars.I would like to have one for the scrapbook.Thank you.Bob
JoeSharp
We poured 22.5 yards and it came out to be over 2200 s.f. with a patio included.
dlo914
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 18 2005, 01:43 PM)

nope, yards is correct.........drove a cement mixer for a few years....can you believe me behind the wheel of one those?!?!?! MDB2.gif

learned something new today wink.gif i wonder how many 14's we could fit in my driveway? idea.gif
Howard
And the transit mix truck holds 9 cubic yards, as in 'the whole 9 yards'
TonyAKAVW
You know that with 16 914's you are going to have 1600 oil spots. ph34r.gif That doesn't include transmission fluid, brake fluid, etc.

-Tony
phantom914
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Nov 18 2005, 01:45 PM)

learned something new today wink.gif i wonder how many 14's we could fit in my driveway? idea.gif

And it is cubic yards, not square yards. It is not strictly about area. You can have a thicker slab/smaller area or a thinner slab/larger area covered with the same amount of concrete.

Andrew
JoeSharp
LMAO. Thanks Tony, I'll find a was to deal with it.
phantom914
.....................drove a cement mixer for a few years....can you believe me behind the wheel of one those?!?!?! MDB2.gif

Did it have a set of needle bearings in the front suspension? Did you stop driving it because you couldn't get the Megasquirt to work right?
porschecb
Ok lets take the overall square feet of a 914 and divide it by 2,200.00. Then you will know how many 914's you can fit. biggrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Nov 18 2005, 02:58 PM)
.....................drove a cement mixer for a few years....can you believe me behind the wheel of one those?!?!?! MDB2.gif

Did it have a set of needle bearings in the front suspension? Did you stop driving it because you couldn't get the Megasquirt to work right?

nah...it just wasn't for me...sunk a fully loaded truck up to the frame rails in mud once...we had to check/fill up our oil everyday...left the oil gun on the front tire after closing the hood and drove off....hose broke, oil all over the place....hit a piece of rebar that punctured the fuel tank...had to use a sheetmetal screw to "slow" down the leak back to the yard...luckly I quite before getting fired smile.gif

my driving job before that one I took out a complete intersection turn signal making a sharp left hand turn.....I'm a hazzard behind the wheel, hahahaha

phantom914
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 18 2005, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Nov 18 2005, 02:58 PM)

nah...it just wasn't for me...sunk a fully loaded truck up to the frame rails in mud once...we had to check/fill up our oil everyday...left the oil gun on the front tire after closing the hood and drove off....hose broke, oil all over the place....hit a piece of rebar that punctured the fuel tank...had to use a sheetmetal screw to "slow" down the leak back to the yard...luckly I quite before getting fired smile.gif

my driving job before that one I took out a complete intersection turn signal making a sharp left hand turn.....I'm a hazzard behind the wheel, hahahaha

laugh.gif

SLITS
4 X 16 = 64 Jackstands wink.gif
Katmanken
That aint a driveway...

That's a runway with a hanger at the end... biggrin.gif

Ken
bottomend
My bus is good for at least 20 of those spots, so I'll be the scape goat for the first few people to arrive.

( actually my bus might leak a drop or two every few days. It's pretty tight. I got lucky, what can I say....)
spunone
How many oil pans to you have might be a few drops of oil on that Slab after the weigh in w00t.gif
firstknight13
smilie_pokal.gif last week my wife, son and i poured 2,000 sq. ft. 35 yrds. @ 5 1/2" . we did it in 3 pours and we STAMPED it!! it looks like a random slate pattern. after 10 days we will acid stain it to enhance the pattern and then seal it. looks like we just beat the cold. night time pics
firstknight13
more
JoeSharp
Way Kool. Concret is my friend. Shaw pic after the sealing.
GWN7
concrete comes in cubic meters biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.