Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In-Car Sears Point Videos...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
part 1

part 2

Hope you enjoy the footage from my Driver's Ed.

KT
sean_v8_914
thank you.
Are you really fast or are they really slow?
skline
Good job holding the line, I would have been honking at the guy in the white SC, he may have had you in power but he couldnt drive in the curves like you were. Great videos.
blitZ
That looks like fun. Gonna have to try that one day.
sjhowitson
great video...What run group were you in? those other guys looked very slow and you looked like you were hauling the mail, smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
chilli
Nice video sure brings back memories, can't believe you followed the "sc" that close as he/she forced the line. But patience worked as you got him out of 10.

Not too many in your group used the whole track -smile.gif

mike driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
GTeener
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Addicting huh?
morgan
Great video What group was that driving.gif
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif Nice lines! Driving in slower traffic is great experience.
rick 918-S
God! I'm Pumped! aktion035.gif driving.gif
Stutgart46
Great line.
Was there anybody out there that you didn't pass? wink.gif
olav

You make it look easy!

96conv
Great vid, Trekkor. I'm glad you didn't show a clip of you passing me. I still can't believe how tight your car was taking those turns! That's one fast, flat 914 you got there. See you out on the track again.

Chris from Benicia
effutuo101
type.gif your driving.gif rocks! Thank you for the clips!
Trekkor
Thanks for the compliments!
This is "Novice" group with TrackMasters.
TMR

I was really fun and a very safe group.
No one had any trouble all day.

I'll be in "low-intermediate" at Laguna next.

KT

( did you catch the wheel hop on vid #1 as I went through turn #3 when I hit the burm? )
DanT
Trekkor,
have you driven Laguna before?
Be careful...
We have to get to the same event one of these days.
Are you planning on running the GGR TT series next year?
If so we will definitely get together for some fun. cool.gif
Trekkor
I've never driven Laguna ( in person ) unsure.gif

GGR is a yes clap.gif

KT
DanT
Turn 6 is deceptively technical.
So is turn 4
Everyone worries about turn 2, 8, 10 and 11 but I have seen more carnage at turn 4 and 6 than anywhere else on the track....that is about 15+ years of driving and working tow truck duties there.

If you have the chance...depending on what group you are running with, try to get an instructor for, at least, your first session.

Definitely will see you next season with GGR.
I may go to the first ground school just to give Gary and John Seidel a hard time.
Terryst1
Trekkor:

Thanks for the footage of doing the laps at Sears Point.

In your driving school sessions, I was surprised to see you overtake so many cars including a 'Vette.

-Is your car fully race-prepped?
-What engine are you running
-Got Slicks or DOT perf tires.
-Are you running full race suspension mods, ie coilovers?

I am told the track is a bit scary since there is so little run off and lots of Armco.
How did it look to you?

Terry
Trekkor
-Is your car fully race-prepped?

nope smile.gif
full interior and glass, street legal
-What engine are you running

2.0 SIX. Webers and headers.
-Got Slicks or DOT perf tires.

Kumho 710's
-Are you running full race suspension mods, ie coilovers?

Moderate dry.gif
31mm front bar, stock rear bar, 200#rear springs, stock front torsions, Koni yellow'a and the M-S-X transmission boldblue.gif

And the Engman inner long stiff kit...Hooray!

KT
firstknight13
smilie_pokal.gif great video!!! wink.gif
serge914
Great video.
Am I the only one wondering what that pick-up truck was doing on the track ?
bernbomb914
I liked the way you clipped your apexs. you held a good tight line with a nice runoff.

Bernie
Lou W
Great video, thanks for sharing smilie_pokal.gif
Marlow
Man I love the sound of your six aktion035.gif

Great videos!!
chilli
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Nov 18 2005, 05:37 PM)

I may go to the first ground school just to give Gary and John Seidel a hard time.

So should both of us show up and really ----- have some fun.

Mike driving.gif driving.gif
9146R
Trekkor,

THanks for sharing - great job working that fine 914 sights and sounds were fantastic. !

Greg
DanT
QUOTE (chilli @ Nov 19 2005, 09:30 AM)
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Nov 18 2005, 05:37 PM)

So should both of us show up and really ----- have some fun.

Mike driving.gif driving.gif

Sounds good to me Mike.
Just what John needs for his premiere, two old farts giving him pearls of wisdom! laugh.gif

How have you been?

Still waiting for my car to come back from paint.

Planning on giving Trekkor some pointers next season....hopefully I won't be visiting with Chet during a session ohmy.gif
That would be poor form.

boldblue.gif
Trekkor
I'm looking foward to Ground School as well.
I rode with John at Thill amonth or so ago. Very helpful.

Yes, Dan, please help me. thanks! clap.gif

Last year the Sear point date was early and was rainy.
I hope this year is different.

KT
DanT
Trekkor,
Our Sears date is the end of February. sad.gif Not much we can do about it...tuff to get a weekend at Sears these days.
Hopefully we will get in 2 dry days...you never know. Last year it rained off and on all day Saturday so everyone got to practice their impressions of Hans Stuck.
Sunday was dry until time for timed runs. Oh well.

Check the GGR website. The TT dates and Ground school dates are posted for next season along with the free Tech dates.
www.pca-ggr.org
d914
great videos,,,,,your making me miss it baddd!!!!

new track always get a ride along or an instructor first time out, saves a lot of time learning a new track and or sheet metal!!
KenH
KT,

Remember Laguna has a 92db noise limit. I cannot remember how loud your car is.

I am planning on being there the 30th. If we get in the same group you can follow me for a lap or two. Not sure if passengers are allowed, but if we are in different groups maybe I can take you for a ride as I did at Sears.

Ken
Trekkor
Ken, that would be fantastic.

I've been resisting lowering my tire pressures as you have. But, the lower I run them, the better they stick and the closer they get to optimum operating temps. dry.gif

I started at 37PSI.
Ran 'em at 35 last week.

Didn't you say you set them at 30 PSI, cold or something low like that?

Thanks...

KT
drew365
Good job Trekkor. You have some nice lines in most of the corners. Hope to run with you some day.
KenH
Ran the tire pressure test at Thunder Hill and last month at Sears. Both results the same.

Best performance - V710

28 pounds cold.

Your car is slightlt heavier so maybe a bit higher.

There is no hurry so take your time and change the pressure between runs. When you find it, it will be obvious.

Ken
DanT
I guess I will just have to run both of you down with my lowly Victoracers. wink.gif
What kind of pressures were you running on those Ken?
The last tires I had on a 914 were yoko A032Rs and we ran them very low. Like 25 cold. 28 Hot.
driving.gif
How are the Kumhos with negative camber. What camber are you running on your car Ken, Trekkor? hijacked.gif sorry
KenH
V700 ran 34-35 cold
Front = -1.75 - all I could get
Rear = -2.0 - all I could get
Caster = 6
Front toe - as close to 0 as possible(flat towing), but now with the trailer I may try some toe out

Rear toe - just so I could detect some toe-in maybe 0.03" or less difference across the rim. The rear toes have to be as close as possible to the same, otherwise the car will not track.

Ken
DanT
thanks Ken.
Mark at Sportech has some special specs. for alignments. (actually they are Ken Mack's specs)
I am going to try to get -2 front and -3 rear. we will see.
I am also going to try to get my car as low as possible without screwing up the geometry.
I have Bilsteins for the rear and am going to try to set it up with the adjustable spring perch at the #1 or 2 ring from the bottom. we will see. I cant remember where I had the rear Bils set on my 914-6. I know it was very low.
I am planning on running Koni adjustables on the front. I am not running an adjustable bar at this time so I need some adjustability. 21 MM torsion bars.
huh.gif
grantsfo
Fun video Trekkor! I had some fomula car guys do what that white SC did when I drove Infineon. I learned very quickly to back off and then run at them through the corner and onto the straights. When I did that I pretty much passed at will with all but the fastest guys.

Cant wait to drag my piece of junk onto the track. What are criteria for people at the trackmasters events? Is it pretty much tech, get an instructor and run?
Trekkor
Is it pretty much tech, get an instructor and run?

Yes...And the green dry.gif

KT
pete-stevers
Trekkor...i have never been on a track.... but that looked like good driving to me
KenH
Dan - Look at the Koni 8610. It is shorter. The Boge strut can be shortened to fit the 8610 allowing more front shock travel - ie lower front end. May have to deal with Bump-steer.

Ken
KenH
KT

You should read this.

http://www.pca-ggr.org/pdf/Tracks_LS.pdf

Ken
dheinz
Great videos!!!

You look ready to move up in class.
The track is a very addicting hobby.
Trekkor
Thanks, Ken.

I read the turn-by-turn for TH and Sears both already and forgot about Laguna. clap.gif

Tires don't wear out as fast as in a/x. I have about six track hours on my 710's so far and two a/x's days. They still look great! ( and stick great, too )

My a/x Hoosiers were corded after 77 minutes of runs ohmy.gif

I need to ask for nine-ten more track hours from my 710's cool_shades.gif

KT
ChrisFoley
That was fun. It reminded me of playing NFS with a stock 914. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.