Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's official....the season's over
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Old man winter has shown his ugly mug. Salt trucks are out sad.gif

Mandatory Canadian jack stand break.

where's the "crying like a baby" smilie?

wacko.gif

swl
Time to light up the pot bellied stove and build an engine or two Mark biggrin.gif
bjorn jacobson
I feel you pain. Nights getting shorter, depressing. But it sure makes summer somethnig to really appreciate. Just six months to go.
GTeener
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Nov 18 2005, 03:37 PM)

Like this one?
rick 918-S
I happened here too. Christmas City of the North Parade tonight.. dry.gif I hate snow! But the good news is the wife gave me her blessing for a fresh motor and transaxle over the winter, While I was traveling for the last 2 months she had the propane tank filled for the work shop, and I have 7 days off starting monday! Jack stands here we come!
Mark Henry
QUOTE (GTeener @ Nov 18 2005, 07:42 PM)
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Nov 18 2005, 03:37 PM)

Like this one?

THAT's IT !!!

Now I just need a pitcher of beer under it!
mike373
Just thought id let you guys know........its sunny and 75 degrees F in San Diego. Heeheeheehee. Although.....Im sure you guys can laugh right back at me for paying $2.89 a gallon at the pump.

Mike
nomore9one4
QUOTE (mike373 @ Nov 18 2005, 04:11 PM)
Just thought id let you guys know........its sunny and 75 degrees F in San Diego. Heeheeheehee. Although.....Im sure you guys can laugh right back at me for paying $2.89 a gallon at the pump.

Mike

pissoff.gif biggrin.gif
swl
We have ways of dealing with guys like you ar15.gif

Crap we can't even laugh at your $2.89 Gallon. This week gas has been at it's lowest in months 85 cents/liter. Times roughly 4liters/US Gallon = $3.40cdn a gallon. Adjust for the 85 cent looney and gosh golly gee - $2.89.
scottb
gas got to $1.99 here...... think it will get reasonable in the future? naaahhhhhh....
swl
QUOTE (scottb @ Nov 18 2005, 04:34 PM)
gas got to $1.99 here...... think it will get reasonable in the future? naaahhhhhh....

If you say you've also got 75 degrees and sunny we're just gonna have to come down there and open a big old can of whup ass. I hate this time of year!
GWN7
Yep, I dug "Smokey" out from under the 35cm of snow we got this week. Put her in the spot reserved for winter, pulled the battery, tarped her and said see you in the spring.......

Oh...+75....try building a snowman in that weather flipa.gif biggrin.gif
r_towle
guys guys guys....you are looking at this all the wrong way......

The season has just begun....now you have nothing to interuppt you from working on your car....

The only reason to go out is to open up the driveway so the UPS guy can deliver more parts.....

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
GWN7
Only problem is there is a 68 Impalla SS convertable in one bay of the garage and the 74 914 roller in the other. With a dump of 35cm it makes it very hard to move anything around.... beer.gif

About mid Jan I'll be asking for pics of palm trees and girls in bikini's cool_shades.gif
Howard
Ya know it's not all fun and games having to drive your teener every weekend. I never seem to be able to get anything done.

INCOMING!!!
qa1142
Mark, Its not all that bad

they have 4 more month of wear and tear with break downs huh.gif

We get 4 months to pamper our babies sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
lapuwali
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Nov 18 2005, 03:44 PM)
I hate snow!

So, why the f*ck to you live in Minnesota!?! wacko.gif

See, I hate snow, too, so I moved out of the Midwest to California, so now I have a million-dollar house that's no bigger than the typical Minnesota house, and drive only 30+ year old cars because I can't afford a new one...uh...wait... blink.gif huh.gif

No snow, though...
rick 918-S
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Nov 18 2005, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Nov 18 2005, 03:44 PM)
I hate snow!

So, why the f*ck to you live in Minnesota!?! wacko.gif

See, I hate snow, too, so I moved out of the Midwest to California, so now I have a million-dollar house that's no bigger than the typical Minnesota house, and drive only 30+ year old cars because I can't afford a new one...uh...wait... blink.gif huh.gif

No snow, though...

Because I can afford a 100+ year old Victorian in a Historic Neighborhood, (may not be able to afford the heat this winter... mad.gif ) I have lake property 40 minutes from town, and my wife makes big bucks. We were both talking about how much we hate winter. More and more every year. Were looking for property driving distance from the gold coast. Maybe north Texas.... any suggestions?
Mark Henry
I'm not overly fond of snow as well but you can keep cali.

Lets see....I live on 23 acres....I have a small morgage..I have a nice size shop and a garage...to me a traffic jam is getting caught behind a tractor on a hill...no earthquakes...my kids school classes are about 20 kids per class...I never have to worry about health insurance...Kids can play in the yard...I know everyone around me (good and bad)...most of our family lives within an 1/2 hour (good and bad)...I walk to work...I walk home for lunch...No hassles...no smog...fishing for the best trout is a 5min walk...I have ducks, deer, many others in my back yard....

I could go on, but lets just say I like where I live. The positives out weigh the negitives by far, at least to me.
smile.gif
JWest
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Nov 18 2005, 09:21 PM)
Maybe north Texas.... any suggestions?

Mid 60's here now, $2.05 a gallon today, and cheap housing. I like it!
Allan
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Nov 18 2005, 06:21 PM)
More and more every year. Were looking for property driving distance from the gold coast. Maybe north Texas.... any suggestions?

Yep, stay away from north Texas... biggrin.gif
J P Stein
Yeah we rolled up the AX sidewalk a couple weeks ago.....must be time for winter projects. Up on blocks goes the shitbox....sunder its guts & onward to AX supreamacy
rolleyes.gif

This winter it's trans time. TB diff, A 1st & GA for #2. I'm in a bit of a quandry whether to do the trans myself or hand the work
off to our local guru and get it done right biggrin.gif

Got some raised spindle struts that need to be joggled and the outfit that does that also owns the guru.... confused24.gif

Had an interesting conversation with Greg Fordahl....entirely too short...I could pick at his brain for hours & still be clueless by comparison.....but retained some gud stuff. Now, what/how to do about some of it....another confused24.gif

I need a plan blink.gif

Oh, the sun never burned thru the fog here today. Don't move here biggrin.gif
street legal go-kart
I live at Shaver Lake in central Calif.
On work, 5500 ft elev, drop to 365 ft elev. Off work , repeat in reverse.
Drive to work with the top off, heater on.
Come home with the heater off, top off.
Daytime hi temp in town today was 78 deg.

Took the top off in April and haven't decided when I'll put it back on smilie_pokal.gif

I think however you all who havent driven a Teener in the snow and ice are missing out.
I have lived with snow all my life and the 914 is the most effective car I have driven in the snow for a paved road, day to day.
We have owned or do own stuff like Jeeps, Subbys ,Rav 4's', various full size GMC and what we refer to localy as 'specialized equipment' so I don't say this lightly.
Throw a set of studded Blizzacks and I'm ready to go smilie_pokal.gif

Ill take the Skidoo!

JT
Allan
QUOTE (street legal go-kart @ Nov 18 2005, 07:52 PM)
Throw a set of studded Blizzacks and I'm ready to go smilie_pokal.gif

Ill take the Skidoo!

JT

You're not that far North of me. I have really wanted to take my car up to Greenhorn Summit but was always nervous about it. Now that the 2.0 w/D-Jet is gone, how far can you go with carbs?????
rpmmaxxed
$2.89?

Its only $2.68 for premium in carlsbad smilie_pokal.gif
balljoint
Just started driving her.

mad.gif

I wonder what it would cost to rent the Skydome err Rogers Centre for an indoor A/X......
wacko.gif
Tobra
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Nov 18 2005, 06:21 PM)

Because I can afford a 100+ year old Victorian in a Historic Neighborhood, (may not be able to afford the heat this winter... mad.gif ) I have lake property 40 minutes from town, and my wife makes big bucks. We were both talking about how much we hate winter. More and more every year. Were looking for property driving distance from the gold coast. Maybe north Texas.... any suggestions?

Yeah, but you have to use that funky Canadian money.

North Texas can get pretty brutal in the winter too. If you are looking to escape the cold, I'd say Arizona via New Mexico, some pretty drives. Maybe San Antonio if you like Tejas, which I do. When my wife and I moved out here from Lake Conroe, she was stunned by the cost of housing. At first we tried looking at stuff that cost double what we had down there, but it was all a bunch of dumps in sketchy hoods until we went triple what our waterfront home was. Never have to put your car on stands if old man winter is wearing shorts
Mark Henry
QUOTE (Tobra @ Nov 19 2005, 12:01 PM)

Yeah, but you have to use that funky Canadian money.

It your money that's wierd

Ours is colour coded biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.