Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Comparing 6's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I'm looking for a 6 for a conversion. The problemis I don't know what I am looking for so I thought someone hear could send me to a site that compares 6's ( T's S's E's?) 2.0 - 2.2 - 2.4? Costs etc.
Tx
Doug
lapuwali
Bruce Anderson's book on 911s has all the data you need plus a lot more. Porsche 911 Performance Handbook or something like that. No current data on costs.
Mark Henry
all the S engines are cool...done right I'd pick a 3.0 or 3.2

Mike sold his 3.0 for 5k...but it still needed headstuds..,

There's a new rebuilt 3.2 on the PCA site...he only wants 15k for it dry.gif

Canuck bucks
SLITS
Information
pete-stevers
couple of years back i picked up a write off, crashed, 1979 911 with a 3.0 in it for 4200 cdn bucks...look around for a crashed car if you know some one in the wrecking business, deals can be had...but you have to be patient...plus the risk of possibly having engine damage from the accident
good luck
steve
Thorshammer
I know this is kind of against popular thought, but the 3.0 and 3.2 motored 914-6 I have driven, never really feel that good, The engine power is really good, but sometimes the torque just does'nt seem to fit the car.
I have always liked a really light flywheeled 2.2-2.4 S spec engine in them. My favorite has always been a 2.5 short stroke motor on carbs. It just feels right. Maybe it's just me.

Erik
J P Stein
Humm, good question.
This is the center of the 914 world and we have no such area
for either 4s or 6s.....like a thumbnail sketch of these cars ....8 or 10 of each available in one spot.
Mueller
I've never been in a /6 that I didn't like...it depends on your planned usage I'd say...
anthony
There probably aren't that many six conversions out there that you will find a web site devoted to them. The best you can do is read old threads here and on Pelican's site. Also, go to 914 events in your area and ask for rides. I never met a member who turned me down.

I've been in everything between a tired 1.7, a 2.0, a warmed over 2.1, and a monster 3.2. The 914 feels just right starting at about the 120hp 2.1. It's got plenty of power, can chirp the tires in 1st and 2nd, and makes the 914 everything it should have been. I'm sure 150hp would be even better. Beyond that I think a high horsepower 914 ideally needs a limited slip, a 915 transmission or at least a regeared 901.
J P Stein
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Nov 18 2005, 05:16 PM)
http://www.pelicanparts.com/911/technical_...hrie_faq.htm#Q7

Yes, lovely..........
I was thinking of a thumbnail section with 8-10 of the clubs member's cars....35-40 examples of the breed......4s, 6s and "other", each having 4-6 pics and a brief discription of the car, it's use, and general driving qualities. A club blog, if you will, with the represenative cars picked by the admins.

One could plow thru the members rides thread, but that's become huge.
jd74914
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Nov 18 2005, 07:08 PM)
Bruce Anderson's book on 911s has all the data you need plus a lot more. Porsche 911 Performance Handbook or something like that. No current data on costs.

My dad got Anderson's book to figure out what kind of engine he had in the 911, and it was great. Invaluable resource. smilie_pokal.gif

Yes, lovely..........
I was thinking of a thumbnail section with 8-10 of the clubs member's cars....35-40 examples of the breed......4s, 6s and "other", each having 4-6 pics and a brief discription of the car, it's use, and general driving qualities. A club blog, if you will, with the represenative cars picked by the admins.

One could plow thru the members rides thread, but that's become huge.

agree.gif I really like that idea; the members cars page really is too huge to run through when trying to find a car:D
Bleyseng
Damn JP, good idea!
johnmhudson111
You could go one better and have a a thumbnail page broken down buy powerplant type, when you click on the thumbnail you would bring up a profile page with a few more pictures and all the modifications, hp, etc.
J P Stein
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Nov 18 2005, 09:19 PM)
You could go one better and have a a thumbnail page broken down buy powerplant type, when you click on the thumbnail you would bring up a profile page with a few more pictures and all the modifications, hp, etc.

Yeah, that's what I had in mind, but you said it better biggrin.gif
tracks914
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 18 2005, 05:01 PM)
I've never been in a /6 that I didn't like...it depends on your planned usage I'd say...

I'm looking to build another daily driver, only this one I want 120-150hp 6 in it.
I'm not going racing just cruising around town.
I was hoping to have something with carbs, (as an old mechanic I like something I can work with) and still have some drivability.
Something like this would have been nice if I could have driven the 2500 miles to pick it up.
6 on ebay
tracks914
This was the 6 on ebay.
It went for $1425 US
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.