Full Version: Restoration Design
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
So,
Who lives near restoration design...

Who knows these guys personally??

rich
turbo914v8
Don’t worry about ordering from RD. They are back on line and filling, shipping orders on a normal basis.
jet1
Thats good to know. It's about time.
Eric_Shea
Rich,

My parents live there. I grew up in ER. I'm going back there the 1st - 4th.

Need anything?
YoungCC
Turbo914V8,

I need parts for the rear console, and I've been trying to speak to them for weeks.

No-one answers the phone. Just the same message, "We're working in the shop, leave a message...."

Then the answering machine tells you "end of tape".

I called them again today. No change.

So how can I actually talk to someone to order parts?

How can I trust that I'll actually get parts when even The Bird has given up on them?

I'm still looking for new or reproduction right side engine mount and inner suspension console mount.

Chris
YoungCC
Eric,

I don't know you (yet) but others on the site say you are a stand up guy.

How about checking out RD for those of us still needing parts?

I would have purchased parts from them by now, except that I was warned by others to make sure they had the parts ready to ship. Since I can't even contact them by phone, I'm more than a little hesitant to send RD $600 if I can't guarantee that I'll get the parts.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
914werke
Eric if your going to stop by there Im am looking at a couple of his sail panel repair pieces. Not sure if he makes this stuff to order or its pre fabbed and available for pu?
sixnotfour
I ordered through the website and he called me within a day or two, to confirm and let me know status of parts.That was about 6 months ago , everything was great.
Pudge
I ordered a part in August and could never get a call back to confirm. I tried calling at different times and finally i got through late in the day. He remembered my order but couldn't find the order so he took down the info again. Of course the one day i leave my wallet at home. He called me back later in the evening to get the info and said the part is in stock now and he'll be shipping it. Hopefully i'll get it this week.

I already have their floor pans and so far the rear is fitting in nicely.

carr914
It's just the way Bill runs his business. However when you get the parts, and from my experience you will, you will be pleased. Customer service isn't everyones specialty( ar15.gif AA as the prime example), but quality counts and Bill does that.

T.C.
turbo914v8
I have been ordering parts for a few months now and everything has been great. Order thought the web site and Bill will call you to confirm. The parts are first rate. Everything I have received has fit the first time. N0 fu@king around. Good luck with your order hopefully everything goes well. Let us know how it turns out.
Eric_Shea
I don't know you (yet) but others on the site say you are a stand up guy.

They lied.

I can stop by there if you guys want. PM me with all the details.

E.
dion9146
I have had a similar experience with RD as others on the site. I recently ordered the hell hole engine shelf on-line, and Bill called me back within an hour to confirm the order and tell me it was being shipped asap.

As far as shipping, it took 2.5 weeks to go from Michigan to Ohio, but I got the part and the quality is top notch.

Dion
1bad914
I live about 30 minutes from there and one of my employees lives in the same town. His parts are top nothch, his customer service is not the best, but he will respond when you order on line. I needed sail panels and he was very honest with me, he told me that he was not having any luck getting them and was not happy with the quality of the ones he could get. Stand up guy. Order and you shall receive them, if he has them. He is not kidding about being in the shop working, he is a small business and does a lot of the work himself.
Eric_Shea
Flying into Lansing on the 1st. I'll be staying in ER and I'll be in BC on the 2nd. Leaving that Sunday.

Let me know if I can help.
914werke
So hes not offering the Sail panel pieces anymore sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.