Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake caliper grease brand
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmenche914
In rebuilding the calipers, brake grease is called out for when assembling the pistons, this will help them move freely, and reduce corrosion on the portion outside of the seal. i have the ATE seal kit for the calipers, is Permatex brand brake caliper lube (synthetic) compatable with ATE brake rubber?

I cannot find ATE brand brake grease, but he Permatex is sold at my local Kragens.

What do you all use?

PS this stuff is green color, I have used Lucus brand before, it was red, and used on my Triumph, I got the grease with the rebuild kit. I don't know if that brake lube is ok or not for non-British cars (early British brakes had different rubber compound than other nations, and required specail brake fluid)

Mueller
i'd use the Permatex, sounds like it's available at the FLAPS and a large percentage of rebuilt calipers they sell will be ATE or other more popular brands that are more universal in materials
dmenche914
thanks Mike. Wanted to be sure with the brakes you know.

dave
davep
I wish I could have added something useful. However, I'm still using the big tube of VW / ATE lube I got 20 years ago. I've used less than 10% of it already, so I'm good for a long while yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.