now winter is here mueba.gif

this is what I saw this morning, watching out of the living room

Gustl
it's the first time this season that snow was even on the street

Gustl
this nice little "winter wonder land" is just around the corner where I live

Jacco
hmm very nice, I'm jealous dry.gif
I wish there were mountains here in Holland, I love them.
I might end up in austria for this years ski trip who knows we might bump into each other on the slopes laugh.gif

enjoy the winter!

greets
Jacco
Gustl
QUOTE (Jacco @ Nov 19 2005, 11:56 AM)
I might end up in austria for this years ski trip who knows we might bump into each other on the slopes   laugh.gif

hmmmm ... I'm a no-skier unsure.gif

but maybe at aprés-ski beerchug.gif

beer3.gif Gustl
davep
Yes, we have a covering of snow this morning also. Started yesterday. Winter is here I guess.
URY914
It's going to 80 F here today. ohmy.gif
TINCAN914
Beautiful pictures... I bet the pictures don't do it justice... Can I come visit? I can't get enough skiing.. I need a place to stay of course.. biggrin.gif Should be low 80's in California as well.. Kindof miss the changing of the seasons, from Coloardo to California. Don't get that very oftern here. Our seasons are rain sun, rain sun. 65 - 105...... Thanks for sharing the pics..
joea9146
Very Nice..... Thats what we need here more Villages.... smile.gif

Wont be long now and we will also be having snow
Bleyseng
Very cool shots.

I wish we had more villages like that instead of the ugly suburban tract housing thats being built in the rural Seattle Area
Gustl
QUOTE (914_Guy @ Nov 19 2005, 02:41 PM)
I just heard the other day that the Austrian ski team is training in Canada.   confused24.gif

yepp - that's because the next couple of FIS Worlcup races are in Canada and the States, so they can prepare best to the conditions there and will have no problems with jet-leg and such things
the Austrian Ski Team is a group of perfectionists
that's why they win that much and so often smilie_pokal.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Nov 19 2005, 05:00 PM)
I wish we had more villages like that ...

this is the largest village in western part of Tirol
AFAIK in whole Tirol it's the 4th largest village

we have about 14,500 inhabitants
20 years ago we had about 7,000 inhabitants wacko.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
jasons
I've been to Graz. Beautiful country. I work for an Austrian company owned by Germans. Basically, I work with a bunch of Austrians. They are all from Styria I think. They have an interesting work ethic at our Graz office. They spend all day monday drinking coffee and smoking to recover from the weekend. Tues, Wed, and Thurs, they work. Thursday night they get drunk. Fri they drink coffee and smoke and leave the office by 12:00. Maybe I am just jealous?

I didn't think there was such a thing as a non-skiing Austrian.

BTW I keep some good Austrian Schnapps around for special occasions.
TINCAN914
QUOTE (jasons @ Nov 19 2005, 10:51 AM)
I've been to Graz. Beautiful country. I work for an Austrian company owned by Germans. Basically, I work with a bunch of Austrians. They are all from Styria I think. They have an interesting work ethic at our Graz office. They spend all day monday drinking coffee and smoking to recover from the weekend. Tues, Wed, and Thurs, they work. Thursday night they get drunk. Fri they drink coffee and smoke and leave the office by 12:00. Maybe I am just jealous?

Nice hours!!!!
Gustl
QUOTE (jasons @ Nov 19 2005, 07:51 PM)
They have an interesting work ethic at our Graz office.  They spend all day monday drinking coffee and smoking to recover from the weekend.  Tues, Wed, and Thurs, they work.  Thursday night they get drunk.  Fri they drink coffee and smoke and leave the office by 12:00.  

maybe I should move to Styria and join this company idea.gif laugh.gif

when I was younger I did enaugh skiing for lifetime biggrin.gif
but I think that I would start skiing again if ever I'll have kids

my dad makes Schnaps every winter in his living room
he has got a very little home-distillery

Katmanken
In Alaska, that amount of snow would be called a "terminal dusting" and say winter is coming....

Usually at the end of August to mid September....... blink.gif

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.