Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: por 15 & thinners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dead Air
So, suppose I use por 15 in one of those little refillable aerosol doo-hickeys, what could I clean it out with, Besides "por 15 thinner"? Laquer thinner, acetone?
Eric_Shea
Laquer thinner.
michel richard
agree.gif
Marlow
Clean immediately after use. If any Por15 dries in there it's permanent.
shelby/914
Be very careful, it dries hard as a rock, won't come off with anything, especially skin. Only time and wear gets it off you, be careful taking off your gloves. Also do not, repeat do not paint over any holes you do not want filled up. Had to run a tap through the little ones in the batt tray for the brain on my '76. Also the gloss is extremely shinny, always looks wet. Their literature says it can only be thinned with their product.
Teknon
QUOTE (shelby/914 @ Nov 19 2005, 02:18 PM)
Be very careful, it dries hard as a rock, won't come off with anything, especially skin.  Only time and wear gets it off you, be careful taking off your gloves.

Thats not true! I use a dremel and it come off fast. w00t.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Dead Air @ Nov 19 2005, 07:51 AM)
So, suppose I use por 15 in one of those little refillable aerosol doo-hickeys, what could I clean it out with, Besides "por 15 thinner"? Laquer thinner, acetone?

"Did a search"? I spent 30 seconds googling it and found a FAQ page on their website, right here:

http://www.por15.com/faq.asp#HowThin

Think nothing of it ........ The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
Great answer O-Krusty one... exactly what he didn't want laugh.gif
VaccaRabite
I know that I wish I had bought some of the por-15 thinner after doing my floor pans. My hands had silver paint on them for a week, and I had to toss the brush. Some how I thought that the paint was water soluable (that was the metal ready and marine clean, but not the paint). So after painting every thing, I went to the hose to wash off the brush. Yeah. My hands turned silver.

Regular paint thinner did not clean it either. Neither did kerosean. I just spent the next week at work with my hands in my pockets whenever I could. rolleyes.gif

Oh well, live and learn. My floor pans look nice - though I kinda wish I had bought black instead of the silver. Not that it matters, as they will be covered with carpet anyhow.

Zach
Dead Air
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 19 2005, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (Dead Air @ Nov 19 2005, 07:51 AM)
So, suppose I use por 15 in one of those little refillable aerosol doo-hickeys, what could I clean it out with, Besides "por 15 thinner"?  Laquer thinner, acetone?

"Did a search"? I spent 30 seconds googling it and found a FAQ page on their website, right here:

http://www.por15.com/faq.asp#HowThin

Think nothing of it ........ The Cap'n

[QUOTE]

Did a search on "the 914 Club"

Thanks for the help
Rusty
Damn, Cap'n. You really *are* crusty! biggrin.gif
JB 914
QUOTE (Teknon @ Nov 19 2005, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (shelby/914 @ Nov 19 2005, 02:18 PM)
Be very careful, it dries hard as a rock, won't come off with anything, especially skin.  Only time and wear gets it off you, be careful taking off your gloves.

Thats not true! I use a dremel and it come off fast. w00t.gif

Belt sanders work good to get it off skin. or a torch. of course, that will leave a small mark. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.