Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT look what followed me home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Poor thing had been scared and hiding under a cover for 4 years and had only been walked 400 miles in that time. Cryin shame I tell you, some people! biggrin.gif

That's ok I adopted her and promised to give her regular workouts driving.gif

1973.5 CIS 911t, she will be my DD next summer.

beer.gif Ferg
Ferg
Paint's ok for what I plan. it should clean up with a good buff, this is after a quick wash.

jet1
NICE clap.gif
Bleyseng
Time for a Ducktail and RS spec goodies!!!! wink.gif
Ferg
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Nov 19 2005, 10:37 AM)

not on this car... it's scary original. 80k miles, owner history and recipts from the day it was bought new. Stamped service book, emissions inspections ect ect...
just a nice unrestored driver. smile.gif
Ferg
Hammy
drooley.gif
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif very nice score!
d7n7master
Looks like a schweet find!!! biggrin.gif You didn't mention $ or rust; So, how schweet is it? beerchug.gif
Ferg
No rust, found yet... tiny pencil tip size blisters on the seam underneath the engine lid, has not broke the paint.
Rockers are as solid as I've ever seen. Battery box has tiny bit of surface rust but no holes and is super strong.
Still looking but so far no surprizes smilie_pokal.gif
Ferg
DonTraver
Very Nice, those are getting hard to find in that condition

Later, Don
Verruckt
QUOTE (Ferg @ Nov 19 2005, 12:41 PM)

not on this car... it's scary original. 80k miles, owner history and recipts from the day it was bought new. Stamped service book, emissions inspections ect ect...
Ferg

I was reading in the last issue of Excellence about a VERY similar car (was actually a sportmatic). They were declaring the worth at 30+ if original paint. Has your's been reshot?
Aaron Cox
2.4 w/ CIS.

nice.
nomore9one4
Beautiful ride... drooley.gif
Ferg
QUOTE (Verruckt @ Nov 19 2005, 11:50 AM)
QUOTE (Ferg @ Nov 19 2005, 12:41 PM)

Ferg

I was reading in the last issue of Excellence about a VERY similar car (was actually a sportmatic). They were declaring the worth at 30+ if original paint. Has your's been reshot?

yes, parts of the car have been reshot, I found a body shop invoice from 86 for 300 bucks that included painting both rear quarters and pass door, does not appear accident related, maybe it got keyed confused24.gif. I'm pretty certain the front end and roof are orig paint.
Ferg.
Tobra
Looks like a nice survivor car, good score
Cap'n Krusty
Have you run it? Big problem with CIS is it doesn't like to sit with fuel in the system. Moisture collects and freezes everything up. New major parts for 2.4 CIS are simply not available. If it runs OK, a can of BG 44k in 20 gallons of gas works very nicely to clean it up. I have a rough but similar car here that sat for 2 years and the engine will nl longer turn over. Sat outside, though. Best of luck with your spectacular find! The Cap'n
Ferg
Actually it runs really good and was fully serviced a month ago, new fuel lines, fuel distributor rebuilt, gas tank drained, brake lines ect ect ect... almost a 3k service bill. Anyhow although it sat, it was always at least started. Compression and Leakdown number turned out good. I'm on my out the door as we speak to add miles driving.gif beer.gif
Ferg
rick 918-S
Great donor! clap.gif

Kidding....... happy11.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (Ferg @ Nov 19 2005, 01:41 PM)

Ferg

In any case you should atleast loose the bumper tits wink.gif
It would still look all stock, just more European. Nice car. smilie_pokal.gif
Eric_Shea
Wow.
jimtab
Very nice, almost bought on of those when I picked up my first 914 in '73, but it would have been a stretch (money wise) and then I drove the 914 and I never looked back. Beautiful, my wife is crazy for red 911s, but other than that she's ok. biggrin.gif
jsteele22

Guess you'll be getting rid of that white piece of crap ?

johnmhudson111
Reminds me of my dad's seipia brown 73. I was in similar shape until a guy in a pickup truck ran into the back of the car. It was a sad day. He had webers on his engine, I think E cams, it was a fun little car.

Nice find. clap.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Nov 19 2005, 05:26 PM)
Wow.

agree.gif smilie_pokal.gif Way to go Ferg!!! Really nice ride!

QUOTE (jsteele22 @ Nov 19 2005, 6:43 PM)
Guess you'll be getting rid of that white piece of crap ?

Ya....come on best of show 2 times in 2 years....what a piece of crap.... NOT!! lol2.gif

Good for you clap.gif

Lisa biggrin.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Nov 19 2005, 01:37 PM)
Great donor! clap.gif

Kidding....... happy11.gif

Yeah...for the 3.2...

I'm gonna call you one of these nice days for my ride! biggrin.gif

Beautiful car Mike, just beautiful.
pete-stevers
love the look of the older 911s ....loveit! Good score...
Gint
Thanks for the ride Ferg. It really is a sweet car. I could stand driving that every day next summer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.