Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: blinkers not working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
ok, i just installed my new wiring harness, which is a 74 harness, and when i put the battery back in, everything works perfect, except the turn signals, which did work before i changed the harness. When i push the stalk down, it doesn't do anything, but if i have the headlight on, and i push it all the way up, it also, interferes with the hi/low beam on the headlights, it changes it. What's wrong with this thing?? i switched it with a couple of different blinker relays, and still nothing.... i did take the steering wheel off, a while ago to try to fix the no horn problem.... but i didn't really mess with anything else in there.... everything else works on the column but the blinkers... What wrong?? Thanks in advance smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Nov 19 2005, 12:57 PM)
ok, i just installed my new wiring harness, which is a 74 harness, and when i put the battery back in, everything works perfect, except the turn signals, which did work before i changed the harness.

did you also get a '74 steering column ???

wink.gif Andy
grasshopper
ya, thanks andy, i figured that out on my own.... no thanks to the club dry.gif but if realized that the connections were different. Thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Nov 20 2005, 04:06 PM)
ya, thanks andy, i figured that out on my own....

smilie_pokal.gif

the switch on the column could simply be bad. i have seen that before. take off the steering wheel and jump the contacts by hand with a wire.

the actual contacts are on the opposite side of the stalk, meaning, you'll have to jump contacts on the right side of the column ...

the stalk part can be replaced, it comes off with just 4 tiny bolts ...
wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.