Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new paint scheme??? H/D 914??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d914
whatcha think????

orange sides, fenders doors rear qtrs

black, bumpers, frt hood, windshield pillars, roof rear deck, between brake lights rear bumper, sails....follow the seam and gaps form the lids straight back..

Kinda like the harley davison ford truck .......lame sporty alittle different????
r_towle
Am I missing something....looks like an orange car to me....

Rich
DanT
I think he is asking for someone to take that pic and photoshop it to the specs he outlined in his post wink.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Nov 19 2005, 02:17 PM)
I think he is asking for someone to take that pic and photoshop it to the specs he outlined in his post wink.gif

agree.gif

and PLEAE fill out those wheel wells
d914
not my car, just using photo I had in my pics, and yes looking for some visual asistance.......son wants an all black car, i wanted orange looking to see if there is a compromise position other than " beacuse I said so"....Trying to make it a team effort..
Aaron Cox
i was going to do this
user posted image
d914
it looks like we'll be the stealth version of your car....all black, chrome 17in turbo twisties,,,,

picture this all black
Tettster
I tried to change the first picture to meet your requirements, but that was outa my league. I could get the second picture to become magically black, though. smilie_pokal.gif

I edited and edited and revised and revised, but I'm still not completely happy with how dark the actual teener is. Bahh, I guess it's the best I can do...
d914
that is just sooo cool... I'm going to have to learn how to do that...

thanks

My son is going to flip..not helping my argument however, but he is going to love it..
Mark Henry
Black shows every speck of dirt.

One of the many reasons I'm selling our '99 Passat.... other than the fact it's a total piece of shit.
retrotech
Greg,

I don't have any pictures of the 914 when I had it. Really nice to see that one. As cheap as I sold it, I should have kept it.
I will send you a picture of my carbon deck lid with custom spolier, when its finished next week.

Stephen
d914
cool do so, making any extras??
Speedster07
Greg, I thought you wanted:

"orange sides, fenders doors rear qtrs

black, bumpers, frt hood, windshield pillars, roof rear deck, between brake lights rear bumper, sails....follow the seam and gaps form the lids straight back..

That Black Beauty looks great, but I thought you wanted Orange Sides. cool_shades.gif wavey.gif
Can they do dat? confused24.gif
Andyrew
user posted image

Close....

lol
Rand
user posted image
d914
ok last one is what i was after....

son wants all black

I was looking for all orange/ black trim or

the compromise of the above.....what do you think, orange bumpers and black middle??? all one color?? opinions!!!!!! biggrin.gif
blitZ
QUOTE (d914 @ Nov 20 2005, 07:14 AM)
ok last one is what i was after....

son wants all black

I was looking for all orange/ black trim or

the compromise of the above.....what do you think, orange bumpers and black middle??? all one color?? opinions!!!!!! biggrin.gif

My son wanted a black car also. I ended up getting him a black 94 Celica. Fortunately, the car has AC, as you know here in GA, it's hot as Hades in the summer.

Sure you want a un- AC car in the south?
scotty b
wink.gif How about black with an orange "graphic" running down the side. Maybe a spear starting at the turn signal, opening up just before the front of the door, then tapering back down as it crosses the door and continuing to the rear of the car confused24.gif
d914
[Sure you want a un- AC car in the south? QUOTE]

who said anything about non-air conditioned....going suby turbo power with heat and air....

stereo pieces on way, upgraded seats, custom interior,sc brakes, all new suspension, engman kit, looking at abare metal resto the on the way. still got 9 months to finish..!

last big discussion, which Im losing, color!! Was orange, change of color to yellow.
Not a full color change..trunks and outside, lots of orange showing through..
soloracer
Here is what I was planning on doing to my car....except maybe with a lighter orange and a dark charcoal.

vintage914racer
Something like this?

d914
that might be alittle too airy!! biggrin.gif
SirAndy
i always liked the "two-tone" paint schemas ...

here's what my car looked like when i bought it 6 years ago ...
settle, but interesting ...
wink.gif Andy
BEE DRIVEN
Greg,

I did not notice someone else already retouch the image,but this one shows the gloss in the paint along with the pins,and number.

Nick.
d914
thats about exactlywhat i was taking about..

thanks
SirAndy
can someone please post a picture of a 914 with the three black stripes and the "914" number on the front hood?

i know i have seen that pic here before. i think it would look great on a orange race car!
boldblue.gif Andy
BEE DRIVEN
Black upper with orange lower,and sides.
Tettster
I did not notice someone else already retouch the image,but this one shows the gloss in the paint along with the pins,and number.

laugh.gif It was buggin you too? laugh.gif

smilie_pokal.gif
BEE DRIVEN
All black upper,and sides with orange lower.
shadygrady
Greg,

Go with the black and orange like you first said. Definitely different and you.

Grady
BEE DRIVEN
This one is more of a 1970's look with the thick double black stripe on top,your son may like this one.
BEE DRIVEN
One more to think about,with the stripe in the bumper,and painted fog lamp bezels.
Speedster07
agree.gif

What about the above with white strips
Andyrew
QUOTE (BEE DRIVEN @ Nov 20 2005, 06:45 PM)
Black upper with orange lower,and sides.

This is my choice for what im going to do..

Cept with HPH flares...
GTeener
How well does the paint on the front bumper hold up? Seems chrome would stay nice longer? Is there some kind of chip guard to put on painted bumpers? confused24.gif
seanery
Hellicopter tape smile.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (seanery @ Nov 21 2005, 04:52 PM)
Hellicopter tape  :)

What's that?
Anyone using it? And liking it?
ein 6er
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 20 2005, 05:37 PM)
can someone please post a picture of a 914 with the three black stripes and the "914" number on the front hood?

i know i have seen that pic here before. i think it would look great on a orange race car!
boldblue.gif Andy

aktion035.gif
TimT
What's that?
Anyone using it? And liking it?

Helicopter tape,

used on the leading edge of helicopter rotors.

you can also get that chip guard paint..has that mottled look

BEE DRIVEN
QUOTE (Speedster07 @ Nov 21 2005, 01:44 PM)
agree.gif

What about the above with white strips

Orange upper,and sides, with white stripes,and white rocker panel. It does have a clean look with the white.
BEE DRIVEN
QUOTE (ein 6er @ Nov 21 2005, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 20 2005, 05:37 PM)

boldblue.gif  Andy

aktion035.gif

Orange upper,and sides, black lower with three black stripes,and 914 graphic on hood. It looks like a Tiger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.