Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need parts....911 front for 5-bolt conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChicagoChris
Ok then,

I am looking for a complete (or as near as possible) M type front? I want the bigger torsion bars and most importantly the vented disks it provides.

Some may remember the search for brake caliper information I had not so long ago. Well it was all in an attempt to get vented disks. SO after all that it turns out the 5-bolt conversion was the most practicle way to get the bigger brakes, vented rotors and the 6" wide wheels for the wider tires. And with some help from all you fine folks and your parts bins, it will hopefully be cost effective too. biggrin.gif

Thank you
Chris
GeorgeRud
Any of the dismantelers should have the parts you need, just get the entire front suspension from a 911. I also had some luck when I wanted to convert to larger brakes by calling Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville. They had some Carrera front struts with calipers that they were very fair pricewise with. You may want to give them a call. Also, Brad Mayeur in Peoria may have some as well. If you want to simply bolt on some struts to your existing A arms, you don't have to change anything else other than the strut assembly itself if it's a later car with the later style ball joints.
pete-stevers
a point to consider...be sure the struts are true...its a pain in the ass when you are doing the alighnment after doing all that work to find you have installed a bent strut...
its happened to me.... dry.gif
goose2
There have been some 911 front ends for sale posted on the Pelican board recently.
TimT
I have a complete 911 front end. M brakes steel crossmember. let me know if interested.
Eric_Shea
I also had some luck when I wanted to convert to larger brakes by calling Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville. They had some Carrera front struts with calipers that they were very fair pricewise with. You may want to give them a call.

agree.gif

When I lived in ChiTwon George and Brian were very-very good to me. They're basically a race shop and when they take off parts they generally don't have much use for them. I got a Carrera front end complete for $500.00

One of their customers wanted to upgrade to some new Recaro's. His "old" one's were hard to get in and out of. I got these for $250.00 with the seat rails... biggrin.gif
ChicagoChris
Thanks for the replys guys, Good things to consider.

I'll check out Pelican and Midwest Euro.

Yes to the seats.

A Chicago 914. Lets drive. beerchug.gif

Thanks
ChicagoChris
Hey Tim type.gif
Did you get my e-mail? I am interested in the front end. Can I have details?

Chris
SirAndy
QUOTE (pete-stevers @ Nov 19 2005, 04:18 PM)
to find you have installed a bent strut...

look for bent A-Arms as well ...

they're easy to spot, the hole that holds the ball-joint won't be perfectly centered on the arm when you look at it from the underside ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
brer
and how do you check struts ??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.