Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vintage Races In Thermal CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xitspd
ohmy.gif Dave B. will be racing tomorrow at the Thermal Regional Airport near Palm Springs. 10 East to 86 South. Take 86 South and proceed to the Airport exit. West on Airport! Dave is an excellent driver. I have raced with him on many occasions. He will put on a good show.
Aaron Cox
John Rogers will be there also....

i wish i could make it smile.gif
xitspd
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 19 2005, 03:08 PM)
John Rogers will be there also....

i wish i could make it smile.gif

biggrin.gif Very Cool! I will shoot pictures of them and post it on the Forum! BTW Aaron, you blog is looking very nice....
Speedster07
That look like a blast. driving.gif short but sweet. w00t.gif
xitspd
QUOTE (Speedster07 @ Nov 19 2005, 03:14 PM)
That look like a blast. driving.gif short but sweet. w00t.gif

ohmy.gif Film at eleven tomorrow.........................
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif I spent the day with Dave B., John R. and Ron M. The weather was fantastic and the location was great as we own over 1000 acres of farmland adjacent to the event. The main Porsche race was a mixture of many classes thrown together into a battle royal. Ron M. had the fastest car in the race and was blowing the doors off all other comers including 911 RSR' s except for one other 914-6 that he was gaining on. Dave B. was the fastest in his group and drove a smooth race. John Rogers also drove a great race and won his class as well. The race was stopped and black flagged following the rollover of a beautiful 356.
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif Dave B.
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif John R.
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif Black flagged field Gerry(white 914-6) and Bave B.(black 914-6)
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif Geary S.
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif Dave B.
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif John R.
xitspd
They will be attending Brads swap meet next week following Turkey Day.
john rogers
Dammed if I am a handsom dude! Thanks for the picts.
gregrobbins
Great day and lots of exciting racing. The 914 boys did us proud. I will post pictures when I get back to Phoenix.

Mugs914
Hi Greg! It was great meeting you in person, hope you guys had fun the rest of the day.

Just a slight correction regarding the Porsche race. The white car in the pics was driven to first place by Geary Smith. It is a beautiful car, very well set-up, well driven, and powered by 2.8 six.

Ron Mistak finished second in Wayne Baker's old IMSA GTU 914. Its a tube-frame car powered by a 2.2 injected four. Greg got a bunch of pics as were putting it in the trailer so you'll all get a good look when he posts those. Until then, here is an old shot from back in the day...

Geary and Ron were at it hammer and tongs pretty much from the start and just disappeared from the rest of the field. Ron was catching Geary and if the race had gone full distance he would have passed him and won easily... lol2.gif Of course I was crew chief on Mistak's car and will admit to being a bit biased!!

The race was shortened when Ted Myrus rolled in his 356. Ted is a good buddy and really gave us a scare, but he is fine. Probably thankful for ibuprofin about now.

Aside from that it was a great weekend. Lots of 914s, great weather, great folks... Just doesn't get better then that!
J P Stein
I'd like to complement Geary on his choice of wheels.
John:
I'd like your address just in case I need a transfusion.
O neg can be tough to find .....but first, I'd like you to fill out this simple form. laugh.gif
john rogers
No problem JP, I have plenty. I found when racing internationally, I.E. Mexico you have to have your name and blood type on the door so the rescue guys can see it. They used some taxi ways for pit parking and they were about 1.5 miles long total!
xitspd
John, It was a pleasure meeting you. I look forward to seeing you again next weekend. Great job at the race.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.