Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Firewall Sound Pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I am redoing my interior and relined the interior and back firewall with Dynamat but am wondering if I should put the stock rubber sound pad back into the car, or if the Dynamaat will suffice? That sound pad has to weigh at least 15 lbs.

Any comments/suggestions on lining the interior with Dynamat? Does it actually insulate the interior and reduce the noise or am I just adding unnecessary weight?
pete-stevers
damn good question...i would like to put my sound matting in the inside and keep the engine compartment clean....but i am not sure
r_towle
IMHO it depends upon the final use of the car....

Street...yes...if you want to able to talk to your passenger, put it back in and put the one on the other side of the firewall also...with the dynamat, you might be able to not yell to hear each other...

If its autox take it out....you dont need to talk.

Rich
bd1308
does it really make THAT much of a difference?

i never had one.

b
blitZ
I'm redoing my interior also. My plan is to replace the back wall sound pad with some FatMat, like Dynamat. I just assume the modern sound proofing material is better than the old, plus lighter.
Air_Cooled_Nut
I removed the engine-side mat...that ubber heavy one...and can't really say I miss it. The cabin noise seems to be the same i.e. no difference in noise levels.
vesnyder
My plan is to use the car mostly for street and the occasaional DE and Auto-X - but I will most likely put it in. I may have to do some tests with and without and see if i can tell any difference?

I am also using the FatMat instead of the Dynmat - from what I heard it is the same thing and much cheaper?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.