Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got to drive a /6 at an AX today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikelsr
I would like to thank nynone4 (Matt) for inviting me to drive is 914/6 today at the last AX (well tomorrow is THE last) of the season. I had my 914/4 there but in the fourth run I broke the shift knob off (it was already broken but I put it on anyway - now it is really broken). My hand still hurts from where I hit the shaft with it.

It was hard to imagine such a difference between the two cars. The suspension setup on Matt's 6 was execellent, I could really feel the track with it and got it to rotate the backend when needed (and at times when not needed). Matt is an execellent driver and it really shows when he drives. A friend of mine drives a highly modified vette and when Matt is running Matt always beats my vette friend. Pisses him off! A vette being beaten by a 30+ year old car.

I did cut 7 seconds off of my time by driving his car. Besides the six a lot of that was in the suspension. I have a long way to go to get mine setup like that. That went to show me that maybe I am not as bad a driver as I think I am, maybe part of it is in my setup... wink.gif

Again thanks Matt, my heart is just starting to calm down.
Mike
Trekkor
SIX smilie_pokal.gif
pete-stevers
i can hardly wait.......Christmas...me thinks biggrin.gif
J P Stein
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
mikelsr
Okay, okay...
user posted image
nynone4
Mike -

Just found this thread as I was perusing the forum. Glad you had a good time driving the car. You make me blush with the comments about my driving. smile.gif The car has more in it than I think I can extract from it - and it tends to make a guy like me look like a better than I really am, I think.

It's always a blast to talk 914's and cars in general with a guy as cool as you. Hope to see you at another autox or DE soon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.