Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look what Blair brought Home last night.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
1972 w/a 2.0L
Not much rust, good rockers/longs, decent Black paint, new SSI 2.0l HE's, Fuchs, sideshift conv

He dollied it up to Seattle from way beyond Dave Hunts place (thanks Dave for the PPI!) yesterday late so no new pics.

Motor is stuck and won't turn over, so we'll have to pull it apart to see whats broke. I assume lots.....

Bleyseng
engine
boxstr
That must have been the one Gary Chapman asked me about. Good score, get a 6 in there.
CCLINSIXME
Bleyseng
Six?

Haha, how about just getting it to be a runner! I have a 1.7L to toss in there to make it a driver for now. The 2.0L will have to be broke down to see how bad it is.

Blair just needs some wheels instead of driving the Westy in the winter, damn thats one cold bus.
He wants to toss in the 2056 thats all done but I want the '76 to run again first. av-943.gif
nomore9one4
Another nice westcoast find! How do us eastcoaster survive?? pray.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE (boxstr @ Nov 20 2005, 01:13 PM)
That must have been the one Gary Chapman asked me about. Good score, get a 6 in there.
CCLINSIXME

Suprized he didn't ask for the nickies engine.

"then you could get a six...ahhh... pretty please"

av-943.gif

DNHunt
Geoff

There may be some goodies in there. I think Drew said it had a new flywheel, and clutch disc. Oh ya, new starter too (rebuild?).

Dave
Bleyseng
Yeah, there are some new parts and he said he spend some money at a shop trying to get it to run right.

First clue on what went wrong was the 1.7 MPS on a 2.0L.
Jacco
Nice score Geoff!

looks like a fun and worthwhile project wink.gif

be sure to get the 76 done first biggrin.gif

greets
Jacco
Bleyseng
Hi Jacco.
Almost time for Chocolate letters! I think I will be bad this year and hope Black Pete takes me to Spain!!! I need a vacation.....

I got the engine and tranny back together yesterday, worked on finishing cleaning out the engine bay.
Jeroen
any rust issues?
Bleyseng
So far none....but I think the hellhole has fiberglass over it. Battery tray is solid, slight rust behind the seats.

Blair is going to strip the interior out this weekend.

As soon as I get the 76 running we'll pull the 72's engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.