Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel cells and ??'s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
Alright, I am doing it converting a 4 to 6 smilie_pokal.gif AND whilst the car is in a milleeeon pieces sawzall-smiley.gif why not put in a fuel cell??

??'s

What size and can it be any ole thing (jaz plastic POS) or do I need somthing "specialized" God I hope not

Will one of there 12 gal be suffiecient??

how big is the factory tank?

I never out more than 5 gal in my current to keep wieght down while auto Xing

thanks
Josh
SirAndy
QUOTE (degreeoff @ Nov 20 2005, 03:21 PM)
What size and can it be any ole thing (jaz plastic POS) or do I need somthing "specialized" God I hope not

why not go with the patrick motorsports fuel cell?
wub.gif

http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/cgi-bin/...UEL&cat2=&cat3=

user posted image
d914
I can quote about $2000.00 reasons...sweet but pricey..

if autocrossing a plastic Jaz tank should be good. A drag vertical tank with about 2-5 gals would be the ticket.....If a street car that would be a little short... I ran a 12 gal fuel cell with a 6.....about 40-50mins of track time maybe more, I found out my old one was defective. I would go 15 gal if enduro's were in the future...

fuel safe/atl flexable bladder steel can $600-700
RCI/ Jaz steel can with hard bladder $200
small plastic jaz tank $100
john rogers
The Patrick cell is the best since it goes in the stock location and you do not have to cut the bulkhead to get one in. The cell has to be in a steel can if you are going to do any kind of wheel to wheel racing and have an approved bladder (I.E. Fuel Safe, etc)
J P Stein
This is not a fuel cell, but a foamed tank. It's 5 gallons but I usually put less that 4 Galons in it. Around 200 bucks from Summit Racing.

Edit: 149.95...found my Summit catalog
d914
first determine use....

road race steel can flexible bladder 12-15 gals

street,,,, plastic, al. with foam, steel with foam, stock 10-15 gals

auto cross small 2-5gal tank like shown would be nice...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.