Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got my new car yesterday....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sportlicherFahrer
I picked up my new car down in Portland yesterday. Very nice car in most respects, but it seems to have some FI troubles. She likes to sputter and miss unless you are on the gas HARD. Then she flies biggrin.gif Doesnt want to idle once she warms up either. Just kinda wondering where the best place is to start looking. Ran great yesterday when I test drove her, so I am not sure what is goin on. She has the orig. D-jet on the 2.0L. Another month or so, and I will hopefully have the D-jet down too. Wonder if my perfect L-jet will work good on the 2.0 or not...... idea.gif
sj914
Time to get a haynes manual.
Bleyseng
Re time the car to spec...
Check the electrical crap first....points, cap, rotor, wires, plugs
djet stuff-trigger points,vacuum hoses, fuel pressure, fuel filter
Adjust valves

Check the MPS for see if its a 043 for a 74-76 2.0L, any other # and it will not run right unsure.gif
Bleyseng
oh yeah..... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Thanks guys. Pics coming soon. It is REALLY foggy right now, so pics wouldnt be that great. I already have the Haynes manual, even if it is at times pretty vague. I will be checking the PCV and throttle switch here soon or tomorrow. Sounds like these thing can cause some problems. I will also be checking part #'s for compatibility.
Loser_Cruiser
Also might wanna check your cht. Does it run too rich after its warmed up?
sportlicherFahrer
dont know yet on being rich after warm up. There is some tape around the connection though. May be grounding out? confused24.gif going to take tape off and properly insulate.
Mueller
QUOTE (spiritedTreiber @ Nov 20 2005, 08:44 PM)
dont know yet on being rich after warm up. There is some tape around the connection though. May be grounding out? confused24.gif going to take tape off and properly insulate.

the body of the CHT supposed to be grounded*....the wire does not

*goes to ground thru the head
r_towle
you have a bad mps....

Rich
DNHunt
James

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Brad Ander's Site yet. Start readin man. Oh ya, kiss up to Geoff, he's the Djet guru around here.

Dave

Rand
Dude... I was just wondering about you, if you were going to get another 914. Congrats!

What Geoff said... do some basic maintenance starting with a tune up before digging too deep into the D-Jet.

smilie_pokal.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Right. Got a cap, rotor, and fuel filter. Also got the little somewhat oval shaped exhaust gaskets so I can get rid of the leak and install my heater parts. (it is fuchin cold in that car!) Found a source on a brand new throttle valve switch if that is bad. Have yet to check part #'s. Been a little busy. Also, this bucking crap isnt bad when cold, but as the car heats up it gets worse and worse. Eventually it seems like it wants to die if I dont have my foot in it or coasting. Wont idle when hot though. Just dies.

Anyone know the pros/cons of going L-Jet on a 2.0? Can it even be done? My 1.8 car has a PERFECT FI system on it.

Thanks for all the help. I feel like a noob again. rolleyes.gif
sportlicherFahrer
I also did already have the Brad Anders link. PO emailed it to me. Thanks though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.