Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Excellent In-car Video from Runoffs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
Erik (Thorshammer) Madsen's in-car highlights video is now available at Trackday Media
You have to log in to have access to the video pages. This is the link to the
E Prod Video
50Mb Windows Media, 10 minutes long.
nein14-6
Completely awesome!

Thanks for posting and making my Monday morning Chris!

Great drive Erik!

WOW
groot
So, that's what it's like to have power biggrin.gif

Excellent drive and excellent video!!!!!

Eric,

Looks like power-on oversteer to me....
ChrisFoley
We probably won't hear from Erik today.
Trish is having the baby. clap.gif smoke.gif (cigar)
groot
Right on time idea.gif
Jeroen
excellent vid!

the last bit when he parks the car is very cool

and the bug splattered on the lens of the cam biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
Someone needs to download it and post a link here where 400 of us don't have to sign up to get one video.

Jeroen
uploading right now...
I'll post a new link when it's done
Jeroen
here's the link:

http://www.914world.com/videos/runoffs05.wmv
Trekkor
I'm on dial-up so I'll have to sit here and play with toy cars and dream. headbang.gif

KT
Joe Ricard
WOW. Pretty cool how you can just flat out brake trun inside and pull away from everyything out there.

Thor certainly got a big hammer beer.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Nov 21 2005, 10:55 AM)
WOW. Pretty cool how you can just flat out brake trun inside and pull away from everyything out there.

Thor certainly got a big hammer beer.gif

very nice indeed. what happened after the black flag? half the field went off course!

nice driving my friend....very nice
Rough_Rider
Bloody awesome, that makes up for missing the run-offs on speed.

Excellent drive Chris. Couple of great moments, especially splitting the Honda & Mazda to get 2nd spot. smilie_pokal.gif
Racing916
Eric That was awesome! That was a great race and a great finish! smilie_pokal.gif
I had goosebumps all the way to the end!! Great job! clap.gif clap.gif
groot
You haven't missed the race on Speed... 11 Dec, 1pm EST.
maf914
Chris, Thanks for setting up the video. Great stuff. smilie_pokal.gif

Jeroen, Thanks for setting up the link. smilie_pokal.gif

Erik, Great drive. What a fantastic race. Didn't you pass the Lotus 7 earlier in the race? smilie_pokal.gif

I look forward to seeing the Speed broadcast. I've watched the first two races broadcast by Speed and have the two broadcast this past Sunday on tape.
ppickerell
Y'all wuz tradin paint jest lak nascar. (spits, scratches)
SpecialK
WOOOOHOOOO!! aktion035.gif

You Da Man Erik!! smilie_pokal.gif

Can't wait to watch that battle again on TV!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Rough_Rider @ Nov 21 2005, 02:51 PM)
Excellent drive Chris. Couple of great moments, especially splitting the Honda & Mazda to get 2nd spot.  :trophy:

Not me, Erik.
The Mazda you mention is a Triumph TR-6. He had contact with the Prelude just before shooting across the track and making a nice hole for Erik to drive through.
Didn't you pass the Lotus 7 earlier in the race?
There were 7 Loti (Caterhams) in the race, three of them Yellow.
SpecialK
Some serious good saves! Gets your blood pumpin' just watching it!
dlee1967
Nice Drive Erik......Way to keep it clean...........
Thorshammer
Thanks Everyone!
Sorry it took so long to reply, Been at the Hospital All Day Long. The news......

Baby Girl: Born 9:12 AM (asked the doc to wait til 914, no luck). 7lbs, 5 oz, 20.5 inches long. Looks exactly like my son, but a touch smaller featured. Mom (Trish) and baby "Taryn Geary Madsen" are doing well and hopefully getting some well deserved rest this evening.

Big Brother Dylan met her for the first time and things went very well. He is almost 4 and could'nt get enough of her at the hospital, we'll see how it goes when we get them all home.

As for the race: Three yellow Caterhams were in the race. The one I finish behind was up front all race long. Yes, I would say power on over steer. Especially in the last corner before the checkered. it was really hung out there. The power is with the guys in the top ten. The top three probably not, but if I can get the car to handle a bit better, and drive it a bit better, I think it really could prove to be a front running car. Right now it's a top ten-twelve car. To finish 2nd is beyond my wildest dreams for this year. Anyone wanting to build one of these for EP should do it. It can be competitive without a doubt.

Don't forget December 11th at 1:00pm, I understand the last couple minutes of the race, I get decent footage, and the cool down lap I go nuts inside the car, which I think you can see most of. One of the best things and I hope they show it, is the post race interview, which was very emotional for me. My wife could'nt come to the race, and my little boy was at home as well. Don't break my ass too bad when I well up like a little school girl that forgot her homework. Thats just me, alot of emotion.

Glad everyone enjoyed the video. Thanks go out to Chris Foley for converting it and getting it posted, and thanks to the admin from our site in linking it.

Cheers,

Erik Madsen
SpecialK
Congratulations on the new baby girl!! beerchug.gif
KaptKaos
Congrats on the baby, and nice driving. Would love to see and read about your car too. Baby pix would be a bonus.
Thorshammer
Started new thread on the Baby. I also would like to read about the car. I should call Pete Stout, from Excellence, to see if he would do a story on the car.

Erik Madsen
ChrisFoley
icon_bump.gif
I just figured this should be on page one for a while longer.
smile.gif
J P Stein
Eric:
Congradulations on the new baby & 2nd place. You're about to become #2 in your wife's eyes, also (or so it will seem) biggrin.gif

That race looked more like roller derby. You survived and made some good moves, hell of a job. Your first little off musta turned on some kinda "red mist"switch. It seemed so from my view....wish I had one of those. biggrin.gif
firstknight13
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif awesome!!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Thorshammer
Just posted some baby photos on the other thread. Dad looks tired already. LOL biggrin.gif

Still very happy and Big brother is really accepting his new little sister well. We were a bit concerned about that one, but it seems to be going well so far.

Okay one pic, I can't help myself.

Erik
bug man nrg
Well sweet this is what i call good racing not like that nascar keep it up smilie_pokal.gif huh.gif driving-girl.gif
ChrisFoley
icon_bump.gif
Be sure to tune in to Speed on Sunday for a different view of this wild race. smile.gif
ChrisFoley
one last icon_bump.gif
Maltese Falcon
Erik--great driving and a well dialed in car !!
I was hanging onto my keyboard all thru the video biggrin.gif
Marty
Lou W
That was awsome smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
HotRod
Great drive Erik, I didn't realize that you had to go off to avoid hittng Chris and lost those positions on the first lap. Again, awsome move on the next to last lap to go into second.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.