Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Believe it or not...Forward Progress on my 914!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I spent the better part of yesterday doing the removal and install of trailing arms on Scott Carlbergs 914
(Keith Sammons and his wife stopped on by for a bit as well)

No problems with the install, I did find that the pass. side inside bushing was in the middle of the trailing arm and not off to the side, that might explain the noise and odd handling Scott had !!!!!

Today I installed the needle bearings on my a-arms and trailing arms, this included greasing them and applying the RTV to seal them. I also took pictures of the process which of course tends to slow things down.

I also removed the doors from my car to give Tony more room while he does the cage..damn, these doors are too damn heavy

and now, drum roll please.................

The passanger side trailing arm and rear shock has been installed on my car
mueba.gif mueba.gif

funny how such a little thing can feel so good mueba.gif

Now to the part i need...I somehow misplaced the two rubber gromments/doughnuts that go on top of the rear shock, anyone local have a pair I can borrow/have?

My plan is to get the suspension finished this week.
Brad Roberts
I have some from Jenny's car.. not sure when I can get them to you. Take the turn signal bucket with you to work this week (also the rear lense she needs (passenger side)

B
Lawrence
Mike, if you don't find any local, I think I have a couple of good donuts here.

PM me.
Andyrew
No problems with the install, I did find that the pass. side inside bushing was [B]in the middle/B] of the trailing arm and not off to the side, that might explain the noise and odd handling Scott had !!!!!

So that was that sqeeking noise!! ohmy.gif

Glad you guys got it done! Any pics?
Scott Carlberg
Mueller:
I did find that the pass. side inside bushing was [B]in the middle/B] of the trailing arm and not off to the side, that might explain the noise and odd handling Scott had !!!!!

Andrew:
So that was that sqeeking noise!!

Me:
it sure was Andrew, why in the world You, your Dad & I couldn't find the source of
the noise that nite at your house is beyond me.

Andrew:
Glad you guys got it done! Any pics?

Me too! clap56.gif agree.gif

Mike Mueller Rocks pray.gif Here's to ya Mike beer.gif

Mike did take some Digital pics, and I took some, 'film style' though.
I'll finish my roll this we/ at Laguna with the POC group. Give me a week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.