Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: doh, putcv joint together wrong can't get apart
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nickm1
I put my joints together without any problems they just fell into place. now when I try to wiggle it they don't move. I think I put it in wrong and I can't get it to come apart anymore. Any tricks or anything I can do.
Bartlett 914
If they went together easily, they will come apart easily. Do not force. You have assembled them wrong. This is easy to do. I think you have either the ball retainer in backwards or the bearings are in the wrong locations. I can't remember exactly.
Mark Henry
It will come apart

Before you do take it apart mark it with a marker, the turn it one grove

Mark

How many Marks is that biggrin.gif
IronHillRestorations
The center "hub" and the outer ring must be assembled properly, or you'll end up with what you've got.

You should be able to push the hub one direction and the outer ring in the opposite direction, to get it back apart. You might have to try in several different locations around the perimeter of the CV, but it will eventually come apart.

Believe me, you aren't the first one to have this problem. The first time I fooled with my CV's, some 25 years ago, I had the same problem, and the last time I took some apart I almost did it too. Fortunately, I've dealt with more new ones that I haven't had to take apart!
gklinger
Happened to me too: Classic thread
markb
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Nov 21 2005, 10:32 AM)
Before you do take it apart mark it with a marker, the turn it one grove

Hmmm, don't think I've ever turned a grove before. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.