Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Karma carbs and FI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Oliver
Bid on stuff on ebay but allways seem I loose... biggrin.gif I am too cheep i guess...

Sorry no pic Iam at work?

Where can i find a good set up for a old 1974 1.8L carb or FI.... It has a progessive carb with bad ??

piratenanner.gif

Build your Karma It would be great if it was local ....
SirAndy
QUOTE (Oliver @ Nov 21 2005, 10:42 AM)
Where can i find a good set up for a old 1974 1.8L carb or FI....

if you want to go back to FI, call EASY in Emeryville or HPH in Redwood City ...

either one should have a nice stash of D-Jet parts ...
wink.gif Andy
jd74914
Go for the L-Jet. It came with the car. smile.gif

Thats a little more original than the D-Jet, though both would work. wink.gif
Oliver
Get ready for the parts box of stuff I don't know what was is there and what it is what or how it works....
The PO could not get it to work and put on a progressive carb but the carb is bad...How much is something like this cost any way?
idea.gif
I will post pic's of what I got when I get home......
I know I am at work but not working except on my naps....
rolleyes.gif piratenanner.gif
OCT
fiid
You might want to get stock injectors, fuel pump, filters, rails, and airboxes, and control it with an aftermarket FI computer like a link, or if you have the stomach for it, the megasquirt.

This way you won't have to deal with MPSes, overrun valves and other plumbing required to get the stock system going. On the other hand, you'll have to tune it, which can take a little while.

Just a thought. I'm an FI geek so I'm strongly biased.
JoeSharp
I just put a new set of duel Solex's on a 1.7, and the owner is very happy. Cost $800.00 with new fuel pump and regulator, Hex Bar linkage and fuel lines. Oh and new 009 dist and coil with an Igniter, plug wires. Linda just drove this car at Laguna Seca. She got tired of not making events and spending big bucks to not have her car run, chasing her tail and the D-Jet.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.