Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: License Plate Lights..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
Just decided to hook up my license plate lights on the rear bumper of my soon-to-be daily driver and got no power with a test light. The wires looked untouched and the electrical recepticles look fine. How are they designed to come on...only when the headlight switch is pulled? Also, do I recall that they are wired in somehow with the trunk light, which is not installed currently on my car.

Doug C
r_towle
Dont know about the trunk light...but they probably go all the way back the the headlight switch.

There is no splice or break that I can see in the harness...but I may be wrong...

You could easily tap into the tailight power on the drivers side light with a double spade connector...

Rich
ClayPerrine
They are wired in parallel with the trunk light. When the trunk light has power, so do the license lights. And they are a separate circuit from the tail lights.

Check fuse #7 to see if it has power when the park lights are on. If it does, check the grey wire on the engine compartment light.

If the fuse is good but the engine compartment light doesn't have power, then you have a wiring problem.

DougC
then you have a wiring problem.

Story of my life.. no, actually the trunk light has been removed by the PO so that's probably my first problem. I do have one though, guess I'll need to run some wiring to it now.

Doug C
Ferg
hijacked.gif
for somone with a newly completed six, you have not posted nearly enough pics cool_shades.gif

Ferg beer.gif
DougC
Hi Ferg, well I would be posting how great it is (or isn't) if only I could get the damd car registered and inspected. I've been dragging my feet a little but I am persuing that goal. You see the car that I installed the engine in was a dedicated track car in it's previous life. My latest revelation : the stock seat belts that was given to me by the PO do not work..I never checked until I got ready to install, so that's going to set me back a bit. As it is, I get in the car every few days and spin it around the neighborhood for a quick fix.

Doug C
Ferg
Ahh, I got you, didn't realize it was a track car in it's previous life. Hopefully you get it sorted and it passes inspection so you can start burnout.gif

Ferg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.