Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do i connect a remote starter?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
well i got one the other day at the FLAPS.i got one because i dont usually have a 2nd set of hands to help me crank over the engine to check for spark n stuff. But where do i connect it to? one to the positive terminal on the battery and the other clamp to? Thanks in advance wink.gif
Mueller
to the terminal on the starter that has the yellow wire going to it.
r_towle
one goes on the big terminal on the starter /positive battery lead...the second goes on the smaller terminal on the starter.

Rich
dlo914
any pictures?
Brando
Get one of those big push-button starters at a FLAPS or a little button.

Run a wire from the + terminal of the battery on one side of the switch.

Run a wire from the small spade-connection on top of the starter (you'll feel it on top between the two big bolts on back) on the other side of the switch.

When you need to crank it over, just hit the button. If you'd like I can hook up my old "theft deterrent" on your car to show you.
auggie91420
One lead goes to the stud on the solenoid that has the 13mm nut. Just to the right are several male posts, one of which has the yellow wire attached. Put the other lead on the spare male post, fire away (in neutral!).
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (auggie91420 @ Nov 21 2005, 06:42 PM)
One lead goes to the stud on the solenoid that has the 13mm nut. Just to the right are several male posts, one of which has the yellow wire attached. Put the other lead on the spare male post, fire away (in neutral!).

There are TWO posts with a 13mm nut on the solenoid. The one with the battery cable is the one you want to use. The Cap'n
Brando
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 21 2005, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (auggie91420 @ Nov 21 2005, 06:42 PM)
One lead goes to the stud on the solenoid that has the 13mm nut.  Just to the right are several male posts, one of which has the yellow wire attached.  Put the other lead on the spare male post, fire away (in neutral!).

There are TWO posts with a 13mm nut on the solenoid. The one with the battery cable is the one you want to use. The Cap'n

BTW: Jumping one 13mm nut to the other will spin the starter, not engage the solenoid. poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.