Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You are invited to Shaggy's 18th birthday and
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Flat VW
Hello to everyone, you know WHO you are. w00t.gif

You are hereby invited to attend Shaggy's (Jim's) combination, eighteenth birthday and engine install party. birthday.gif party.gif rock_band.gif jester.gif birthday3.gif rock_band.gif

Sunday December 4th, from 8:30 A.M. till 8:00 P.M.

Come watch the birthday boy as he covers his entire body in CV grease as we attempt to re-install the 1.7 engine into the '72 car. Oil Filter Thread

Drinks for both adults givemebeer.gif and young people shall be served all day along with yummy BBQ'ed vittles chowtime.gif .

Smoked beef brisket, pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, french fries..... all homemade,and served ALL DAY mueba.gif .

We will begin with donuts and coffee served from 8:30 a.m. until 9:14 a.m. when we will commence work.

Stop in at any time, say hello, tell lies, point and laugh, all are acceptable, we would like to see you here and we'll be here all day (we do live here, after all!).

CA and other out-of-state members can earn an extra 200 Club Points by simply attending this event! monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif

More details to follow........

John
Flat VW
icon_bump.gif (after all the edits) screwy.gif
Tettster
I'll be there.

laugh.gif
bd1308
if somebody gets a caravan together to go there, i'm all over it.

b

smile.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 21 2005, 06:11 PM)

b

smile.gif

Britt--YOU CAN MAKE IT--- , we will put you up here, (after you have washed off all the 90 weight). wacko.gif

You can be in charge of the SPEEDO CABLE and tranny fluid filling, but we'll let Teddy (Tettster) tighten the bolts though............ happy11.gif

John w00t.gif
Flat VW
Party bump icon_bump.gif
Jake Raby
Gonna let them test out the 2270 too????? LOL
Flat VW
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Nov 22 2005, 01:08 PM)
Gonna let them test out the 2270 too????? LOL

dry.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Nov 21 2005, 07:17 PM)

b

smile.gif

Britt--YOU CAN MAKE IT--- , we will put you up here, (after you have washed off all the 90 weight). wacko.gif

You can be in charge of the SPEEDO CABLE and tranny fluid filling, but we'll let Teddy (Tettster) tighten the bolts though............ happy11.gif

John w00t.gif

You forgot the dual carb and scale zeroing seminar.
Flat VW
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 22 2005, 02:00 PM)
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Nov 21 2005, 07:17 PM)

b

smile.gif

John w00t.gif

You forgot the dual carb and scale zeroing seminar.

Great thinking SLITS! smilie_pokal.gif

Yes, and all attendees could receive a free oil filter change performed by Shaggy!

John wacko.gif
bd1308
well in that case, SLITS go ahead and ship a few extra oil filter attachment housings John's way....

smile.gif

scale zeroing is important. also discussed will be Dr. Britt "914" and his approach to getting YOUR 914 Leak free!

b
Flat VW
icon_bump.gif for Travis Neff ph34r.gif
TravisNeff
I have the kids, and the 914 is my only car now. I will see if i can make some arrangements and come by!
Flat VW
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Nov 23 2005, 11:28 PM)
I have the kids, and the 914 is my only car now. I will see if i can make some arrangements and come by!

Kuhl, we'd love to see you there.

John beer3.gif
Flat VW
One week out, bump icon_bump.gif

I sure hope Greg Robbins can make this, he showed us how to remove the engine and asked only for only a liter bottle of diet Pepsi.

I got a feeling showin' us how to put it back in is gonna be a bit more costly. pray.gif

John
MoveQik
I would love to make it, but I'll be at the Polar Express in Williams. Good luck!
Flat VW
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Nov 29 2005, 09:32 AM)
I would love to make it, but I'll be at the Polar Express in Williams.  Good luck!

That Santa guy is overrated..... wreath.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Nov 29 2005, 04:28 PM)
That Santa guy is overrated..... wreath.gif

Not according to my 4 1/2 year old daughter! Evidently he is quite a guy.
shaggy
icon_bump.gif
Flat VW
Ok, I AM DECLARING A 914 EMERGENCY!

Mr. Greg Robbins, who was so kind to help us drop the engine is not able to attend Sunday. headbang.gif

Is there anyone who has experience with re-installation who might help us from getting scared on Sunday? yikes.gif

John wavey.gif

P.S. I just received a note from Admin. stating that all local members, as well as all CA and other out-of-state members, will now receive 500 Club Points by simply attending this event!

Flat VW
icon_bump.gif

Please PM me or Shaggy for directions.
Flat VW
Re- icon_bump.gif
Mike9142.0
I can try and come over and help after noon.
PM me the directions and I will try to be there.
Flat VW
Mike, wavey.gif

PM sent.

John beer.gif
Flat VW
12 hour icon_bump.gif
Flat VW
Please find the birthday party thread---Party Pics

Jimmy,(Shaggy) had a great time, well he is eighteen today, I should probably be calling him Jim or James.

I REALLY want to thank the non-club, club, and EVERYONE here for the advice, the dialogue, the photos and the encouragement.

This site has transformed the 914 owning, operating, and repairing experience like no other, ANYWHERE.

The 914Club dramatically enhances the fun, unique aspects of this car, that the makers of this "econo-exotic" machine could have never imagined.

STATUS: The engine is in, Mike DeVries (Mike9142.0) is a "professional wrench" and took his "off time" to crawl under a greasy teener to help Jim when he needed it, (a fine son you have there Ernie, hope to see you this Sunday).

The driver's side valve cover is leaking, without ever having started the car. wacko.gif

Shaggy installed it with a cork gasket and RTV, its next gasket will be installed "dry"
(The Cap'n may be reading this saying "Dumb *sses, I told you so!")

The car is currently quite "overfilled" with oil at the moment.
We were all pretty tired near the end last night and Shaggy had figured the engine was drained of all oil and added more. -- it wasn't-- wacko.gif

No harm, no foul-- he will get the extra oil out while changing the valve cover gasket. screwy.gif

I would like to add that ALL the work, both effective and ineffective, has been performed by Shaggy with help from Shaggy's pal Matt, his brother Tettster (Teddy), and our 914Club pals Greg Robbins and Mike DeVries and Bryan C.

I perform "zero" wrench work, it is all Shaggy.

Happy Eighteenth birthday James, we, your family, love you alot.

John wavey.gif

P.S. The 914Club members never even inquired about their five hundred "Club Points"!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.