Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - I need an illustrator's help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I can design, but I can't draw fer shit. Can anyone help me out here? This is a rough idea about what I'm looking for. I'd like an illustrator file for a new endeavor I'm working on based on this look.

Thanks in advance.
nynone4
Sean - I might be able to help you out. PM me with details. What version of Illustrator do you want the file to be?
TROJANMAN
av-943.gif
Graphikhaus
A little bolder, but close.

http://schellers.com
dlo914
took a shot at it: slightly modified the original design
seanery
wow, that bike shop's logo is almost exactly as mine is. I suck, don't I wacko.gif I guess there can't be THAT many stylized versions of a guy on a bike.
nynone4
How about this?
seanery
Thanks to all who helped me out. I've got a big creative slump going on right now. Jeroen came up with a slick bike guy. I modified it a tiny bit and really like it a lot. You can see it Here, at MoronPedal.com
Allan
I call it "The morning after" laugh.gif

Rand
Nice work Sean and Jeroen!

Sean, you should get a tracing utility... Very handy for converting bitmap images to vector. Adobe used to have a product called Streamline, but now it has been incorporated into Illustrator. That's what I use and it's very good.

There is also a free product called Autotrace... looks good but I haven't used it.

beerchug.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (Headrage @ Nov 29 2005, 01:09 PM)
I call it "The morning after" laugh.gif

w00t.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif

b
Jeroen
Hey Sean,
The logo turned out nice
Glad you like the "biker guy" and to be of help!
seanery
Rand,
Actually, Photoshop is good for making vector files out of bitmaps. If you make a selection you can make a work path out of it, then export paths to Illustrator. I didn't need to convert MY image, I needed someone who could actually draw to help me out with a shmancy drawing, like Matt, John & Jeroen both did. biggrin.gif
Rand
Gotcha...

Very cool having club members pitching in!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.