Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT? Maybe. Unwanted AA solicitation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
After their promises (and personal assurances from Mr Treadway) that my name would be removed forever from their mailing list, they're at it again. They lied about the source of my name and address on their list last time, and I dunno why I believed them when they told me they'd remove it. They were lying scum then, and they're lying scum now. He didn't like my unkind words then (and they were less vitriolic than these), let's see what he says NOW. Look out guys, they're harvesting a list somewhere, and I am personally offended, but not surprised, given their reputation. I 'AM' THE KRUSTY ONE, and I'M PISSED!!!!!!!

The text of my message to them follows:

"Mr Treadway

Some time ago, possibly a year or so, I complained that your solicitation of that time was unwelcome, and you (Mr Treadway) assured me I would NEVER again receive e-mails from your company. At that time the supposed source of my name and address in your files was discussed, and your explanation was a lie. How could I have been so foolish as to believe you about the removal? I am posting a copy of this e-mail to the 914 club and to the 914 list on rennlist. I sincerely hope that, by my doing so, you lose some measurable amount of business."

The Cap'n
TROJANMAN
does it really matter............ dry.gif
i mean, it was just an email.........
what about sticks and stones, they didn;t really hurt you did they idea.gif

what's with all of the complaining about people trying to sell/buy things lately confused24.gif

now what?
all of the people that hate on AA are going to jump in and add there 10 cents.
people who like AA are going to say, " i've never had a problem with them"
...."well i think they suck...."
..."they're not that bad...."
blah, blah, blah, blah............................ yawn.gif
anthony
Just blackhole them in your spam filter and move on. Life is too short.
bd1308
isnt it illegal to send SPAM? file a lawsuit, then get them to give you a settlement: free 911 engine.

b
TimT
Just blackhole them in your spam filter and move on.

werd
MecGen
Hi

I don't think it is the "making a living" part thats hard to swallow...at least for me...its the fact that there is a record with your personal info in the hands of someone that you would rather not have it. Not to mention who they could sell it to.
I think AA is at such a short leash for some of the members that it doesn't take much to boil over...and it realy won't take much to get completely pissed off.
The request was made to have it removed...no questions asked.

Later Poz

beer.gif

thomasotten
Well, I thought it was cool to read that they are going to be offering wider 2.0 Liter Fuchs. Even though I don't need them.
SirAndy
QUOTE (TimT @ Nov 21 2005, 07:24 PM)
Just blackhole them in your spam filter and move on.

werd

agree.gif
fiid
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Nov 21 2005, 06:13 PM)
does it really matter............ dry.gif
i mean, it was just an email.........
what about sticks and stones, they didn;t really hurt you did they idea.gif

what's with all of the complaining about people trying to sell/buy things lately confused24.gif

now what?
all of the people that hate on AA are going to jump in and add there 10 cents.
people who like AA are going to say, " i've never had a problem with them"
...."well i think they suck...."
..."they're not that bad...."
blah, blah, blah, blah............................ yawn.gif

SPAM is unacceptable.

I bounce about 95-99% of mail that comes to my mailserver because of spam. I can't keep a "suspected spam" folder because the volume is too great to actually ever look at it.

I have three tiers of spam filter and I still get at least 5 spams a day through.

I also have to pick up about 20 restaurant flyers and newpapers that get thrown in the general direction of my house every week; making the place look a mess.

F***ing harbour freight sends me about a ream a month; and I get another ream from people who want me to refinance my house (which they bloody well know will cost me more than I'm paying now).

I even get comment posts on my personal blog that are automated spamming attempts.

If the capn has explicitly asked this company to stop sending him crap they ought to bloody well stop. The whole practice ought to be illegal if you ask me - it costs nothing for the advertiser and just costs me time cleaning up and space in the trash can; and burns up valuable fuel in mail trucks that ought to be used hurling a 914 around Laguna Seca.
MoveQik
QUOTE (fiid @ Nov 21 2005, 08:02 PM)
and I get another ream from people who want me to refinance my house (which they bloody well know will cost me more than I'm paying now).

Those are from Trojanboy...those lenders never let up!
fiid
I lied. I have 4 tiers of spam protection for email. The 3rd tier (and the last tier that gets to stop spam getting to my inbox) bounced 76 messages today.

There are countless other attempts to send spam to me and other people that are listed in my mailserver logfile that were rejected before the message was accepted.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Nov 21 2005, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE (fiid @ Nov 21 2005, 08:02 PM)
and I get another ream from people who want me to refinance my house (which they bloody well know will cost me more than I'm paying now).

Those are from Trojanboy...those lenders never let up!

if you ever get one of these, then it was from me............. laugh.gif

Howard
BFD. Easier than getting rid of the shit the mailman drops off every day. And no, I don't want to refi, change stock brokers or long distance carriers, so stop calling my 'unlisted' number biggrin.gif

Don't want to block too much though, hoping Heidi will offer me a job at her new ranch.
TROJANMAN
and damn those free insurance quotes........... lol2.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Both Mr Treadway and Mr Humphrey have responded with apologies. Mr Treadway says he's left AA and started a new business, Mr Humphrey says he is responsible for this particular promotion and that Mr Treadway was transferred to another department. I hereby publicly thank them both, and hope their statements aren't in conflict with the truth as much as they are with each other. I hope this is the end of their efforts to contact me. The Cap'n, fighting spam one day at a time.
TROJANMAN
beer.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (thomasotten @ Nov 21 2005, 08:03 PM)
Well, I thought it was cool to read that they are going to be offering wider 2.0 Liter Fuchs. Even though I don't need them.

got a link or forward the e-mail...I didn't get anything...spam filter must have caught it or I'm not on the list...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.