Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: SPAM Deluge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I've gotten about 36 SPAM emails today. Not my usual 4-6. Anyone getting lots?
fiid
I actually have about 4 tiers of spam filtering. The 3rd tier is spamassassin - which bounced 76 emails today as spam.
SirAndy
QUOTE (McMark @ Nov 21 2005, 09:06 PM)
I've gotten about 36 SPAM emails today. Not my usual 4-6. Anyone getting lots?

yeah, new SPAM-A-LOT virus thing out there ...

i guess people *still* click on attachments in emails from people they don't know ...
confused24.gif

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...sober.x@mm.html

type.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
i got a few more than usual today also....
McMark
Figured. jerkit.gif

I checked Slashdot, but didn't see anything, so I knew the 914Club wouldn't fail me.
sj914
I don't know if this was SPAM, but it was supposedly the FBI has tracked my IP going into 30 different illegal websites. And that I need to fill out their questionaire.
McMark
Yeah, apparently I was a bad boy too, because they want me to fill out the same questionnaire.
sj914
I didn't know the 914club website and motorsports websites were illegal screwy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (sj914 @ Nov 21 2005, 09:37 PM)
I don't know if this was SPAM, but it was supposedly the FBI has tracked my IP going into 30 different illegal websites. And that I need to fill out their questionaire.

yepp, that's the one. new virus that send a copy of itself out to anyone in your address book ....

see link in my above post for more details ...
ar15.gif Andy
mharrison
I've got you guys beat. My IP has been tracked by the FBI AND the CIA!

The great thing is, it's supposedly from the same person who apparently works at both places! I wonder if the Feds know that she's double dipping!

bd1308
no problems here wink.gif

b
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (sj914 @ Nov 21 2005, 08:40 PM)
I didn't know the 914club website and motorsports websites were illegal screwy.gif

Only in Canada ......... The Cap'n
sj914
The virus is hitting hard. I've been getting emails from earthlink all day, saying that there was a virus detected on my emails. The virus even made the news on the netscape home page.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.