Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrong Brake Rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
About 6 months ago, I bought a set of front brake rotors for my RS America. When they showed up, I unpacked them and just looked at one rotor, it was the right one, the other rotor box had the same part number on it, so I didn't open the other rotor box.

Last weekend I got the rotors out to put them on the RS, Oh my God, 2 different rotors, see pictures. Anyway to make a long story short, I called the Vintage Imports, Dayton, OH. and told them my story and how the part numbers on the boxes matched. They said they only refund/replace for 30 days. I said, I kind of figured that, I was gonna ask if they'd sell me a rotor at a good price, yada, yada, yada. Before I could ask, they asked for my address and said they would ship me a new rotor today, no charge. Wow smilie_pokal.gif

I said I'd ship the other rotor back, they said keep it, toss it, do what you want with it. They also said it should be a Porsche rotor. Now pack rat that I am, I am not going to toss a new Porsche rotor.

The wrong rotor is on the right.

On the edge of the rotor are: 1522(07)8004752 min 22.0 Made in Germany.

So, does anyone have any idea what this rotor fits?
DonTraver
Wrong rotor.
bd1308
well it belongs to a porsche of some kind. but not a stock 914/4.

i hope that helps

biggrin.gif b
scotty b
Lookie like a 944 turbo. Don't know exact measurement though
dmenche914
i don't know about the rotor, but Vintage Imports certainly would get my bussiness. One thing is to make a mistake, it is something else to go beyond and make it right for the customer like they did.

Mueller
I just looked at my new uninstalled '91 C2 rotors and they do not look like the mismatched rotor, so you can scratch that off your list...
J P Stein
It * looks* like mine(tho I can't get at that number right now)
pre 86 9eleben.....not sure of the back end date.
Some one here has the PET CD, surely.....Joe?
DonTraver
The "right" rotor showed up today.

I can't say enough good things about Vintage Imports out of Dayton, OH. Talk about service and honoring their sales. 6+ months after the sale, they still made it good. You can't ask for more.

It's really nice to run into something like this, doesn't happen too often in today's world.

The wrong rotor fits a Porsche 993 rear, saw one at the Swap Meet at Mind over Motorsports today. Had a good time.

Later, Don

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.