Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: snow, snow, snow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
...woke up this morning and the ground was covered with this damn white crud. Can't even see the grass. I hate this shit! sad.gif
Bleyseng
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
WRX914
Vegas should be around 70 today......BRRRRRRRRRRRR
We like it around 90 - 100 around here.
sjhowitson
going to be 75 and sunny all weekend. I feel your pain, but thats why we pay 500,000 for a small house on the west coast. I would give trade for some snow.
rhcb914
We got a dusting in the Boston area. Just enough to cover the grass. The dog wouldn't go outside. She just shook and stared up at me as I dragged her out.

Don't think they salted the roads but the 914 won't be coming out until spring. Time for some winter projects.
1bad914
1 foot of the white stuff expected by tomorrow. The BMW is a blast to drive in this stuff, brings a new meaning to drifing, I'll stay sideways all the way home from work today! biggrin.gif As long as I take my traction control off!!
SLITS
NO SNOW.....NO SNOW....NO SNOW

While I don't mind it that much, it brings Skiiers and Snowboarders to the mountains and they totally fuch up the roads. They all think they are racers in their SUVs and Rice Rockets. If they don't hit each other, they hit the side of the mountain.

Secondly, they have absolutely no brains when it comes to putting chains on. They wait until they spin out or can't go any farther and then park in the roadway, blocking it to put the chains on.

I'm gonna buy a HumVee and run over their asses this year!
DNHunt
4th day of fog here. No sun, no rain, no snow. I cross the Tacoma Narrows (galloping Gertie fame) everyday. They are building a new one and they are at the spinning cables part. The iron workers are up on a catwalk way above the water and they are never out of the clouds right now. I couldn't do it. No horizon and being that high in the air. I'd go up there on a clear day but, not in the fog. Gawd I hate the fog.

Oh my
Joe Ricard
Damn Ron tell us how you really feel.

Going to be in the 70's today in South town. mueba.gif Drove the teener to work this morning aktion035.gif Going to pull the top off on the way home. flipa.gif
Chromatech
Here it's -7deg C sunny with no wind and I'm not complaining biggrin.gif It could be worse sad.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 23 2005, 07:41 AM)

While I don't mind it that much, it brings Skiiers and Snowboarders to the mountains and they totally fuch up the roads.  They all think they are racers in their SUVs and Rice Rockets.   If they don't hit each other, they hit the side of the mountain.

Secondly, they have absolutely no brains when it comes to putting chains on.  They wait until they spin out or can't go any farther and then park in the roadway, blocking it to put the chains on.

i used to be one of those kids. i would ditch school and drive up to big bear solo in my VW FOX. what an awesome ski car that was. most of the time i was on the road alone, b/c calfornians stop driving when it rains or snows. i would wait until no one was around. slow down just a bit, then yank really hard on the parking brake. truthfully, it was a great learning experience, b/c you get to learn how the car will handle when you lose control. of course, i wasn't doing it for the learning experience. i was just some dumb kid. wacko.gif

oh ya. 65 and sunny in Denver today. cool_shades.gif
little cold driving to work though with the top off (42)
brant
now I know where you got your Starsky and Hutch moves on the race track!

brant
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (brant @ Nov 23 2005, 08:34 AM)
now I know where you got your Starsky and Hutch moves on the race track!

very true........smash.gif nail on the head..........

it was a game to see how long i could go without spinning. biggrin.gif when your 18, you think you can do anything ohmy.gif

have a safe drive this weekend.............. wink.gif
balljoint
Took my last spin in the car last night. We are in the negative degrees Celsius and it started snowing yesterday afternoon. Squalls coming, and bringing 5 inches of snow or so. sad.gif
Mark Henry
Were suppost to get hit later today...part of the package here.

I got my snowblower ready. smile.gif

(last years pic, we've had a dusting but there's no snow here today)
Jake Raby
I can't wait till we get our share this year... I have some awesome Swiss military tire chains to try out! I already added the links needed to sttretch them for the 34" tires!
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 23 2005, 07:41 AM)
NO SNOW.....NO SNOW....NO SNOW

While I don't mind it that much, it brings Skiiers and Snowboarders to the mountains and they totally fuch up the roads. They all think they are racers in their SUVs and Rice Rockets. If they don't hit each other, they hit the side of the mountain.

Secondly, they have absolutely no brains when it comes to putting chains on. They wait until they spin out or can't go any farther and then park in the roadway, blocking it to put the chains on.

I'm gonna buy a HumVee and run over their asses this year!

Ron, why run them over? Just put a wench on the Hummer, then charge them, to pull um out of the drifts and ditches, Cash Only.

And if that doesn't work for ya, on the nights you can't sleep, you could go around and SLITS their tires happy11.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (seanery @ Nov 23 2005, 08:04 AM)
...woke up this morning and the ground was covered with this damn white crud.

hey, send some to CA! boldblue.gif

another 80s day here ... barf.gif
cool_shades.gif Andy
Jake Raby
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 23 2005, 09:31 AM)
QUOTE (seanery @ Nov 23 2005, 08:04 AM)
...woke up this morning and the ground was covered with this damn white crud.

hey, send some to CA! boldblue.gif

another 80s day here ... barf.gif
cool_shades.gif Andy

Yeah but you guys have to deal with SMOG, traffic and a bunch of damn jerks everyday!

None of the above here, fresh air, no traffic and you don't have to wait in line at the grocery store for 30 minutes to buy one thing..... I used to hate that when I lived in SoCal...

I'd rather go hunting off my front porch! ( I did that this morning)
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Nov 23 2005, 10:51 AM)
Yeah but you guys have to deal with SMOG, traffic and a bunch of damn jerks everyday!

that's why i want snow here! that would take care of most of those things real quick!

here, everybody just STOPS driving when it starts to rain. can you imagine how much fun a foot of snow would be in the bay area?

i grew up driving in the snow. whenever i go up in the mountains in the winter, it amazes me how bad most people drive in the snow.
they either don't drive at all or they think because their SUV has 4WD they can just drive like on a dry road.

i've seen more cars in the ditch on a weekend in tahoe than all winter in germany ...
screwy.gif Andy
Mark Henry
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 23 2005, 01:56 PM)

i grew up driving in the snow. whenever i go up in the mountains in the winter, it amazes me how bad most people drive in the snow.
they either don't drive at all or they think because their SUV has 4WD they can just drive like on a dry road.

i've seen more cars in the ditch on a weekend in tahoe than all winter in germany ...
screwy.gif Andy

Yep...we laugh our asses off when we see on the news a storm down south!

"Don't y'all know how to drive"

What you southern folk call an ice storm, we call a morning frost. smile.gif
Gint
Bummer! We can't seem to get out of the mid50's to mid60's this fall. I'm going out into the bright sunshine now to start assembling my new cherry picker.

EDIT: Alomost forgot, shorts and flip flops. biggrin.gif
Tobra
Never liked snow enough to live where you get it
fiid
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Nov 23 2005, 09:51 AM)
None of the above here, fresh air, no traffic and you don't have to wait in line at the grocery store for 30 minutes to buy one thing..... I used to hate that when I lived in SoCal...

I'd rather go hunting off my front porch! ( I did that this morning)

If you lived in Atlanta you'd have to wait 30 mins to buy stuff and have to deal with smoggy air tho.

Rural California would be much like where you are.

NorCal doesn't really have a smog problem like SoCal does.
SLITS
Ya forgot he has to deal with the Crackers too!
Allan
We had snow here in '97 or '98. First time in something like 100 years.

It was only about 6 inches but pretty much shut the city down...
SLITS
QUOTE (Headrage @ Nov 23 2005, 03:44 PM)
We had snow here in '97 or '98. First time in something like 100 years.

It was only about 6 inches but pretty much shut the city down...

Sheeeez...a water leak shuts Bakertucky down............... yellowsleep[1].gif
bd1308
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Nov 23 2005, 10:58 AM)
I can't wait till we get our share this year... I have some awesome Swiss military tire chains to try out! I already added the links needed to sttretch them for the 34" tires!

damn Jake...thats TALL tires.

someday i'll drive down to see your pinz...that thing seems like fun.

I overheard Charles from LN talking about your adventures in the pinz....funny stuff.

b
MattR
I went backpacking in snow up to my waist for 3 days straight in Yosemite a few years ago. Most fun Ive had with my clothes on (except for that time I had sex with my clothes on).
Jenny
Sean, get Brembo out there and take some more pictures of him!

When are you moving to Cali anyway?

Jen
SpecialK
Used to love snow when I grew up in Denver....break out the skis, boots and poles!! smilie_pokal.gif

Sucks out here though. We do have a "Ski Resort (if that's what you want to call it)" called Hidden Valley. 280' of vertical drop..OooOoOOooh, scary! I've been down bigger hills on my sled!

Used to hang at Skistoned.. smoke.gif ...uh..I mean Keystone about every weekend back in the day.
Speedster07
Yea Sean what a surprise wacko.gif

This is my back yard. cool_shades.gif

scotty b
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 23 2005, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Nov 23 2005, 10:58 AM)

damn Jake...thats TALL tires.

someday i'll drive down to see your pinz...that thing seems like fun.

I overheard Charles from LN talking about your adventures in the pinz....funny stuff.

b

huh.gif Not really Britt. Most of the good ol boys around you are prolly running 33-35" tires. This is a 33 " in this pic. Not as big as it sounds. Yeah the Pinzgauer is a bad mutther biggrin.gif
LongARM
Got my garage insulated now.....it's gonna be warm in here ...
av-943.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE (LongARM @ Nov 23 2005, 09:31 PM)
Got my garage insulated now.....it's gonna be warm in here ...
av-943.gif

smilie_pokal.gif

Get that drywall up, a couch and a beer fridge and your set bud!
beer.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Nov 23 2005, 08:46 AM)
4th day of fog here. No sun, no rain, no snow. I cross the Tacoma Narrows (galloping Gertie fame) everyday. They are building a new one and they are at the spinning cables part. The iron workers are up on a catwalk way above the water and they are never out of the clouds right now. I couldn't do it. No horizon and being that high in the air. I'd go up there on a clear day but, not in the fog. Gawd I hate the fog.

Oh my

Man, that really looks like alot of fun! I wonder if they are hiring?? biggrin.gif
seanery
QUOTE (Jenny @ Nov 23 2005, 06:45 PM)
Sean, get Brembo out there and take some more pictures of him!

When are you moving to Cali anyway?

Jen

Jenn, we're taking a detour before we move. We're doing a 12800 mile bicycle ride around the US. Plan is 243 days of riding, overal trip about 280 days.
Mark Henry
We're getting it today....great big drifts in my laneway. smile.gif
Dead Air
Orchard Park, NY last Wednesday
16 inches in 12 hours
Flat VW
24" of pure sunshine here, 100% clear skies, I am gonna run to the store in the teener right now in shorts and a t-shirt (standard uniform). MDB2.gif

Should be near eighty degrees F. here again today (like nearly every other day here) wacko.gif

Happy Thanksgiblets to all.

John w00t.gif

P.S. One does not have to shovel sunshine (end of chamber of commerce message.....)
balljoint
80 degrees and sunny here. smile.gif

wacko.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Nov 24 2005, 09:03 AM)
24" of pure sunshine here, 100% clear skies, I am gonna run to the store in the teener right now in shorts and a t-shirt (standard uniform). MDB2.gif

Should be near eighty degrees F. here again today (like nearly every other day here) wacko.gif

Happy Thanksgiblets to all.

John w00t.gif

P.S. One does not have to shovel sunshine (end of chamber of commerce message.....)

umm....john, your nuts in my book... laugh.gif

you had shorts and a T-shirt at the FFC. it was bloody cold. even colder at night when i drove home...no heat in the 914.
rick 918-S
Very cold here today. I hate winter.
Rick_Eberle
I got sunburned mowing the lawn yesterday! Luckily it's cooler today - only 28C.
What's that white stuff in the pictures???
Rocket
bought 6 inches here. but a little white stuff aint gunna stop me from driving my teener. that is, once i get it running
Katmanken
Uh Rocket,

Six inches of snow is prolly one inch more than you have ground clearance...

Although with a teener you prolly could use the spoiler as a snowplow...But it wouldn't be the same shape after you finished using it as a plow...

After all that work welding and painting, I 'd be shy about getting it anywhere near salt or piles of snow...

Jest my opinion... yo do what you want..

Ken
Eric_Shea
Mark... turn the chute around on the snowblower before you use it laugh.gif
Elliot_Cannon
I love the snow here in So. Cal. The last time I went skiing, I had to turn on the air conditioning in the car before driving up the mountain.
Elliot
Ray Warren
Outside where I work yesterday.

Spoke
Had about 1 inch of snow yesterday; all melted now. Sunny with temps about 27F; 914 is coming out for some errands. The Pond is starting to freeze over, I'll turn the waterfalls off today and remove the pump. The Frog's already frozen.

Spoke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.