Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone know a DR 914, Nicholas Wood?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rich Bontempi
I'm trying to locate Dr 914, Nicholas Wood. I sent him payment for parts 20 days ago, haven't recieved any parts or return email, or return call, or tracking #. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Rich
SirAndy
hey rich, i don't know the guy but i moved your post into the main garage so it'll get some more exposure ...

beerchug.gif Andy
Jake Raby
Rich,
I thought Dr. 914 worked at some place called Automobile Atlanta!!!! LOL

gary gartner
F Y I AA's Dr 914 is George Hussey
Nicholas Woods an AKA or imposter?????? confused24.gif
SirAndy
he's talking about a member here, "Dr914 " ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...ODE=03&MID=4947

from his profile:

========================================
My name is Nicholas, and I collect, rebuild, restore, salvage, and customize vintage Porsche. My daily driver is a bright Orange 1966 912 with the Porsche built Super 90 "Giant-Killer". Over the past five years I have logged over 1000 hours building and customizing my 1971 914. The crazy part about the whole thing is that when I first bought the car I drove it for 212 miles over the period of five days. It smoked, choked, and caught fire several times and I have now logged three times that many miles trailering the car from shop to shop as I work from several different places. But I love the rotton thing and someday I might just drive it again.

located in "Hanford, Ca" ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
Allan
One of these guys...

Rich Bontempi
Yes, DR914 is the person, nic wood. I sent the money to his address, and he received the check on Nov 8th and said the package would go out the same day. Since we're both in Calif, I waited for about a week or so to receive the package, before I called him. I've called him probably 8 times and emailed him to no avail. He called the shop once and left no message, just his number to call, but he never answers the phone. So I thought someone in the club might know him, and could help me reach him!

Thanks,

Rich
scotty b
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 23 2005, 11:04 AM)

My name is Nicholas, and I collect, rebuild, restore, salvage, and customize vintage Porsche. My daily driver is a bright Orange 1966 912 with the Porsche built Super 90 "Giant-Killer". Over the past five years I have logged over 1000 hours building and customizing my 1971 914. The crazy part about the whole thing is that when I first bought the car I drove it for 212 miles over the period of five days. It smoked, choked, and caught fire several times and I have now logged three times that many miles trailering the car from shop to shop as I work from several different places. But I love the rotton thing and someday I might just drive it again.

located in "Hanford, Ca" ...

cool_shades.gif Andy

Now wheres that jerking off smilie??????? jerkit.gif Yeah there it is
spare time toys
Did you try the email he lists? vintageporschedude@hotmail.com
Hammy
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Nov 23 2005, 05:14 PM)
Did you try the email he lists? vintageporschedude@hotmail.net

.com
spare time toys
QUOTE (Hammy @ Nov 23 2005, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Nov 23 2005, 05:14 PM)
Did you try the email he lists?   vintageporschedude@hotmail.net

.com

fixed it slap.gif
Rich Bontempi
Still no reply from Nicolas Woods. It's been 3 weeks since he emailed me and said he was shipping the parts that day!! He hasn't returned my emails or phone calls.Of course he has cashed my check! I guess I had better put out a warning to everyone on the club site, that this guy seems to be dishonest. I still hope I'm wrong, and he'll get back to me soon with a good excuse.

What does the club do when someone seems to have an honesty problem?
bd1308
call him out

search onion AND stromberg

you dont get your name ( stromberg.gif ) associated to a nasty pile for nothing....

smile.gif

b
goose2
What does the club do when someone seems to have an honesty problem?

ar15.gif .................seriously Rich, there have been a couple other situations like this and the guy eventually came through...personal problems, divorce, misplaced medication, etc. Maybe someone here lives near him and can check him out?
Rich Bontempi
Yea, That would be great! Does anyone live in or near Hanford Calif?

I'm trying to give the guy every break possible to come through.
jonwatts
It's the guy on the left according to the next pic from that series.

This is me enjoying the 66 912 I bought for my bride to be just after I bought it a second time around. Not pictured is my ex bride to be enjoying the pizza delivery guy. Ha, you think Im kidding but Im not.

user posted image
Allan
Are you using vintporschedude@hotmail.com as his e mail?
Aaron Cox
its allans fault biggrin.gif
computers4kids
I live about 20 minutes from Dr. 914. He lives in Hanford, I live in Visalia. I have exchanged several emails with him previously and he seems like a pretty nice guy. He told me he was disloving his restoration bus. He invited me to come out and pick up what I needed. There must be something else going on, my impression of his was not "a flake." If you don't get any feedback from him, I could look up his phone number and I belive I have his address as well.
Flat VW
pirate.gif
blitZ
Had a similar problem with him. We agreed on price, kept asking him how to pay. Received no response, so went else where. He finally replied 3 weeks later, and I said no thanks. Apparently, he has no sense of timelyness.
Rich Bontempi
He advertised a used chome bumper on the club site, I emailed him, he sent me pictures, we agreed on a price, I sent the check, and never heard a word back from him! No bumper and no money returned.

If anyone knows how I can get a hold of him, please let me know!

Thanks!
bondo
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Dec 2 2005, 10:24 PM)
It's the guy on the left according to the next pic from that series.

This is me enjoying the 66 912 I bought for my bride to be just after I bought it a second time around. Not pictured is my ex bride to be enjoying the pizza delivery guy. Ha, you think Im kidding but Im not.

Time to start ordering pizzas to be delivered to his house! happy11.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE (Rich Bontempi @ Jan 11 2006, 04:42 PM)
He advertised a used chome bumper on the club site, I emailed him, he sent me pictures, we agreed on a price, I sent the check, and never heard a word back from him! No bumper and no money returned.

If anyone knows how I can get a hold of him, please let me know!

Thanks!

Has the check ben cashed?

If not, maybe it is time to eat the fee and stop payment, and toake your buisness elsewhere.

I understand he was having girl troubles, but he should have been able to get your stuff by now.

Zach
Rand
.......he has cashed my check!
VaccaRabite
^^^^

D'oh! Looks like I was owned by reading comprehension. I had missed that bit.

Zach
Mr.C
Not to get in the middle of anybody's troubles, but I met Nick yesterday personally for the first time.
From what he said he's selling his house here in Visalia. That may be the reason why he hasn't responded cause everything is getting packed up?
Who knows, but he seemed like he has it together to me. It won't be until another month that I see him again. If it isn't resolved I'll let him know the situation. I don't have his number so other than me driving to his parents house in Hanford I can't get a hold of him.
Allan
QUOTE (Cabasa @ Jan 11 2006, 03:17 PM)
I don't have his number so other than me driving to his parents house in Hanford I can't get a hold of him.

How about giving Rich his parents address in Hanford. 2 and a half months and the check was cashed.
Mr.C
Yeah, after reading back through this I realized this is a pretty old thread. Two months is a long time.
nine14cats
I'm curious about what can be done legally on something like this. You pay for a part or services or a car on the 914Club, PP, etc. and somebody flakes on what was promised.

Since most of this stuff is about used car parts or cars themselves and do not have a written contract other than e-mail, voicemail or a handshake, what legal recourse does the buyer have?

I'm talking about people who cash your checks but don't give you anything.....like what happenned to Rich.

Bill P.
redshift
Look up your local statutes. (local to the transaction)

It can be simple theft by conversion, fraud, or all out grand larceny, depends on if it's just local, how much, and interstate... which adds all kinds of possibility.

M
Mr.C
Email no workie.....anybody have another. I'm trying to get a hold of him and help both sides out if I can.
Al Meredith
I had a similar issue on this board about a year ago. Someone suggested I go the Postal Inspector. In my case a postal money order was involved. I think 3600 hits to the thread and I got a call at 5:30 AM and the bad guy called me .....problem resolved! Just keep mentioning his name it works.
mharrison
If any part of the transaction took place via US Postal Service then you might have a mail fraud case.

I would check with the USPS.
USPS Mail Fraud Page

According to this page:
U.S. Postal Inspectors investigate any crime in which the U.S. Mail is used to further a scheme--whether it originated in the mail, by telephone, or on the Internet. The use of the U.S. Mail is what makes it mail fraud.

I would also consider contacting your local authorities. He's had enough time. Quit wasting your time and screwing around with him. If the police in conjuntion with the USPS start asking questions, he'll deliver....
Allan
What's the latest?

Did this get resolved?
SirAndy
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 18 2006, 10:22 AM)
What's the latest?
Did this get resolved?

last time i talked to rich (about a week ago), this was still *not* resolved ...

dry.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.