Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riviera wheels ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brotherbob
I have some Rivieras that need something ,anything to make them look better? I was thinking about blasting them with glass bead .....maybe shoot clear over em?
idea.gif
TROJANMAN
idea.gif or you could buy some fuchs
scotty b
Just a note to anyone considering painting alum OR magnesium wheels. After the wheels are blasted you need to apply an APPROPRIATE atching paint within about 20 minutes. I refinish old Campagnolas regularly (just did 6 last week) Magnesium especially has a very short time span before it starts to reoxideze. Proper painting method I use is all Spies Hecker, starting with the YELLOW etch prime not the red/brown, follow that with a coat of epoxy primer, (Vario for Spies line) then your color and clear. You can wait for some period of time after the etch coat, and after the color coat, but if you wait after the epoxy primer you will need to scuff it before applying your color.
Mueller
QUOTE (scotty b @ Nov 23 2005, 06:08 PM)
Just a note to anyone considering painting alum/magnesium wheels. After the wheels are blasted you need to apply an APPROPRIATE atching paint within about 20 minutes. I refinish old Campagnolas regularly (just did 6 last week) Magnesium especially has a very short time span before it starts to reoxideze. Proper painting method I use is all Spies Hecker, starting with the YELLOW etch prime not the red/brown, follow that with a coat of epoxy primer, (Vario for Spies line) then your color and clear. You can wait for some period of time after the etch coat, and after the color coat, but if you wait after the epoxy primer you will need to scuff it before applying your color.

oh great....now people are going to think these are Magnesium, which the are not wacko.gif

you do not have to be as careful with aluminum rims, I have uncoated polished 20's on my truck, no problems with the finish.......

as for the riv's, depends on your tastes, a full one color/finish should look decent....you could also polish the raised pedals and bead blast the rest????
scotty b
Just trying to get people to do the job RIGHT!! I know P-rims aren't Megnesium flipa.gif but you know, not everyone here deals with only Porsches wacko.gif As for your uncoated, polished, spinner, 20's with 30 series Toyos....congrats screwy.gif
scotty b
Oh and I changed the / to an OR to help the easily confused tongue.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (scotty b @ Nov 23 2005, 06:32 PM)
As for your uncoated, polished, spinner, 20's with 30 series Toyos....congrats screwy.gif

50 series tires...get it right, hahhaha biggrin.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 23 2005, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (scotty b @ Nov 23 2005, 06:32 PM)
As for your uncoated, polished, spinner, 20's with 30 series Toyos....congrats screwy.gif

50 series tires...get it right, hahhaha biggrin.gif

You got the spinners with lights or are you old school with just the spin laugh.gif
dlo914
blacked out rivieras
McMark
I blasted and cleared over some Riv's, once upon a time. I thought they looked pretty good.... for Riv's.
motorhead
Mine had riv's when I bought it. Dealer installed, I suppose. Painted 'em yellow when I painted the car, polished the silver bits. Looked pretty sharp, 'til the tire store. One had a pinhole leak (hence the tube), tire guy broke one. Now it's got black empi's. Would probably do fuch's now.
Trekkor
I don't know why so many people knock the Riv. confused24.gif

I think it's one of the better street alternatives.

I just don't care for the four lug Fuch at all...Sorry.

KT
mrobin
I recently painted the center portion black (eastwood's wheel paint) and left the rim part and paddle arm's polished and it's looks pretty good. (car pictured here doesn't show them).
Brotherbob
Ok I know they might not be as desirable as some wheels but its what I have. I like the idea of blasting the factory black bits and polishing the paddles , beauty ring.
On a side note magnesium.......good info to the novice.
I know the hard way!
We had a rough terrain forklift at work damage a wheel from getting loose.
I checked the price of the wheel and it was like 6000.00 bucks!
Sooooo, being the inventive bunch we are , we decided to blast said wheel so we could weld a lay over plate and redrill the lugs!
Thank god the doors where open with plenty of ventilation, pretty - pretty sparks.
We replaced the wheel. bootyshake.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.