Full Version: Need some suggestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Should this valance be painted the same color as the car?? confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
What do the others look like ??

B
StratPlayer
The front valance is black, with this valance I'm thinking maybe this one should be the same color as the car, then the front valance will be painted the same color as the car as well.
Brad Roberts
Tough call. What color is the car ??

B
boxstr
That looks like a 914-6 rear vavlance? Fiberglass or metal?
CCLINVALANCEVILLE
StratPlayer
The car color is nepal orange, yes its a 914/6 valance F/G for a teener without flared fenders.
StratPlayer
Pic of the car its going on
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 18 2003, 05:20 PM)
Should this valance be painted the same color as the car??

since you ask - it doesn't matter, because the proper place for a 914 rear valence is in the garage, in the spare parts pile.

it's yr car, do what you want - but i can't see any reason to run a part that weighs something, and makes the car run slower and hotter (reducing performance). for the look ? if we saw a part like that on an Asian car, we'd be calling it 'rice' ...
Brad Roberts
Rich.. I dont think I have ever heard you be negative about a 914 part. Penn. is chaning you...lol

B
StratPlayer
S'ok, now we know how he feels about a rear valance, but should it be Orange or Black?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 18 2003, 06:13 PM)
Rich.. I dont think I have ever heard you be negative about a 914 part. Penn. is chaning you...lol

B

i've felt that way about the 914 rear valence for a long time, and this isn't the first time i've said so (here, maybe). maybe that's why i can't find either of my original 914.6 rear valences - so i'm paying the price for my opinion!

PA is changing me - tho ... for the first time in 3 years i don't have to be scared to death wondering how i'm going to pay the rent and keep the lights on. oh wait - that's not actually being in PA that's doing that - it's having a job ...
seanery
on a rubby baby buggy bumper car, I vote black.

on a chrome bumper car - either way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.