Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Ok, when I start my car, it fires right up, but bogs down and sometimes stalls. If I fire it up again, it idles like it should. This doesnt always happen, and I have not paid much attention to when it does or does not do this. Idea's?
Bleyseng
Try giving the engine a tune up, when a djet car starts having problems look there first. Points, plugs, timing........valve adjustment

Hey, nice avatar!

Geoff
Nemo914
I have the exact same problem. Start the car and the idle drops right down and dies. Start it again, and rev it a bit, and idles fine. Its like the aux air valve isn't open. It then idles high and drops down just like it is supposed to--so I assume the aux air valve is ok.
Bruce Allert
Mine too... if I shut it off, wait 15 or so seconds then restart it is back to normal. I just figured it was like re-booting the computer and getting all the necessary information to the appropriate places smile.gif
bruce
nebreitling
i'd say just switch to carbs laugh.gif

yeah, i have to save mine right after starting dead cold with a little gas (after which is settles easily to idle), but i heard this was actually "normal" -- i.e. so common amongst 14's that no one gives it second thought.....
Curvie Roadlover
Mine, too. I just consider it the price to pay to start the car. No big deal. Glad to hear others with the same situation.
Bleyseng
Bruce, the "computer" is not a computer so it doesn't reboot. It is a ECU (electronic control unit) made of old school resistors and diodes, basically a electronic switching device.

Geoff
RustyWa
Mine too... sad.gif But only when it's been sitting for a long time, like in the morning or after work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.