Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm selling my Euro 3.2 beast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
I am regretfully selling my beast.
See post in FS section for more info as well as my blog.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...ST&f=20&t=41824

New job, no time, no money, no room is forcing me to search for a 4 door rice burner with a big trunk.
Thanks again for all your advice, camaraderie and entertainment.

Steve
736conver
Bummer to hear this Steve. Your still going to stick around right? Thanks for all the info you have provided me with my car.
SirAndy
QUOTE (736conver @ Nov 25 2005, 07:53 AM)
Bummer to hear this Steve.

agree.gif that's one nice car you got there!

sad.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
ahh.. steve sad.gif i saw your car at pomona swap when i was a youngin...made me want one.

sorry to see you go sad.gif
kdfoust
Hey man, sorry to hear the Beast has to go. If I wasn't already up to HERE in my conversion...

Later,
Kevin
Eric Taylor
Steve that really sucks, I've admired that car ever since I first hit the 914 boards. It's just awesome looking, to bad you have to let it go sad.gif. Are you keeping the 993?
Eric
Eddie914
Nice teener!

Sorry you have to let her go ...

How the 3.2 compare to the 2.7 S Weber carbed engine?

The 2.7 engine in my 914-6 dropped a valve and Kablammoed! I debating rebuilding the 2.7 to RS specs or unstalling a 3.2.

Thanks

Eddie
skline
Steve, I have known you for a couple of years now and hate to see you sell your pride and joy. It is so well setup and you have a lot of hours and money into it. I will hate to see you leave the 914 world as well. I hope we can still have you come over for our little get togethers, you know you will always be welcome, you can drive your tail dragger. I wish I could afford your car, why cant I be rich instead of good looking? Good luck with it in any case. Someone will get a nice car out of it.
Steve
QUOTE (Eddie914 @ Nov 25 2005, 06:53 PM)
Nice teener!

Sorry you have to let her go ...

How the 3.2 compare to the 2.7 S Weber carbed engine?

The 2.7 engine in my 914-6 dropped a valve and Kablammoed!  I debating rebuilding the 2.7 to RS specs or unstalling a 3.2.  

Thanks

Eddie

Thanks you guy's!!
I will still check out the forum occasionally.
Keep in touch and let me know when you guy's have any get togethers in So Cal.

Regarding the 2.7S versus the 3.2 for me it was a no brainer.
My 2.7 would of cost around $6k to overhaul at the time.
The Euro 3.2 motor cost me $5800.00 with tax and shipping.
The Euro 3.2 motor has more torque and power than a 2.7S or RS.
RS=220hp according to numerous Porsche books.
The 220hp is also with mechanical injection not webers.
Euro 3.2 = 231 HP with smog equipment.
I have to be pushing at least 240 hp since I don't have a catalytic converter or choked stock exhaust.
My US 2.7S motor probably had around 180hp + webers + headers + bursch muffler = around 200hp.
The 3.2 felt like around 50% more power up hills and on a straight away compared to the 2.7S.
Maybe my 2.7 motor was tired.

I also have wife and kids and job from hell and have little time to screw around with tweaking carbs.
The DME injection is pretty much the same as any modern fuel injection you will find on new cars.
You can start the car without touching the gas pedal.
You don't have to worry about clogged jets.
The fuel injection also automatically adjusts itself for pinging and has an altitude sensor for when you drive in the mountains.
The motor also comes with hydraulic chain tensors and a more robust distributor with no points.
It makes for a very reliable vehicle.
You can also chip the computer and install a MAF for more power.

Down side the webers sound awesome and I do miss the sound especially in a tunnel.
Also if you track the car make sure the 3.2 isn't going to put you in a group that you are no longer competitive in.
Dr Evil
Dangit, Steve. Life is a bitch sometimes. I hope that you stick around here still. I particularly liked your mirror wink.gif

Dude, Kevin, is that really you!? When did you start slumming it here? biggrin.gif wavey.gif
Noel and I miss you amd Michelle sad.gif
Steve
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Nov 26 2005, 08:46 AM)
Dangit, Steve. Life is a bitch sometimes. I hope that you stick around here still. I particularly liked your mirror wink.gif

I'll still hang around.
914 people are the best.
I don't get along very well with the cheese and wine crowd.
I need a four door with a big trunk for the job.
Something has to go to.
The 914 is more fun than the 911 but I can get all three kids in the 911.
The wife also likes the 911 better.
Auto everything and it has AC.
I wish I had the room, time and money to keep both cars and also get a four door for the job.
Its a cruel world.

Oh yea and your mirror is also very cool.
It doesn't vibrate or shake like the stock mirror.
I added a picture of the interior with your mirror to my blog.
Its a little dark but you can see the mirror.
Robert21
huh.gif Sorry to see you sell your car , it's the car of my dreams.
you did a greart job on it , i would have painted RED. but thats me
talked to wife about buying car , she said i buy car she goes. had to think about
that . almost worth it . hope to see you at some of or get togethers

good luck Robet 21
Steve
I added more pictures of the car to my Blog in case anyone is interested.

Click here for my updated blog with new pictures.

I also forgot to mention that the car comes with 20 years worth of accumulated parts and stuff that I never got around to installing.
Email me for list of parts.
I will not sell the parts separately.

thanks,

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.