Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet injectors...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
Hey all,

Have a set of TWM throttles on the shelf, and was wondering if I could just plug the stock 2.0 D-Jet injectors in there instead of buying all new injectors when I get around to building the megasquirt. Anyone know if the D-Jet injectors have the same shape and fittment as newer Bosch injectors?

Thanks!

-Josh2
Jake Raby
Nope.. Totally different mounting arrangement. The TWM arrangement uses the standard Ford style Bosch injectors.

Also the D Jet injectors are low impedence injectors where the newer units are not. Typically to use the low impedence set up a resistor pack must be used, thats what I include for my EFI retrofit assembly when used with stock injectors.
jhadler
Thanks Jake!

I was kinda hoping to save a few bucks and re-use my D-jet injectors, but had the sneaking hunch they wouldn't fit. After all, that would be too easy right? laugh.gif

I'm looking at building up a MS2 unit, and from what I've read, they can run both high and low impedance injectors.

-Josh2
lapuwali
The chief problem with the D-Jet injectors on the TWM is that the TWM units expect you to use a fuel rail that the inlet side of the injectors plug into. Thus, the inlet side has to have an O-ring connection, much like the outlet side. These O-ring injectors are basically held in place by the fuel rail, and the throttle bodies have bosses to mount everything nicely. The D-Jet injectors have hose-barbs on the inlet side, and expect to be held down by a clamp. It would be possible to fabricate a similar clamp to mount the D-Jet injectors to the TWM units, but it would be a lot tidier to just use newer injectors. You also have a wider selection of flow rates in newer style injectors, and some of them are relatively inexpensive.

MS can run high or low impendence injectors. You either use a resistor pack with the low impendence units, or you use a flyback circuit and use PWM to limit the current. The latest v3.0 MS units have the flyback stuff built in. The earlier 2.2 boards require an external board to handle this. Note that MS2 is a daughter board that plugs into either the 2.2 or 3.0 main boards.
Tobra
I was pondering this very subject, you may be better off going to a whole new setup using a modern fuel injector. I don't know that there is any inherent advantage with keeping any of the stock stuff financially(unless you are a concoursey type), though I would want to keep it pretty stock looking with something programmable myself. You have to figure those injectors are pretty old. Sure I drove my bug over a quarter million miles on similar ones and they are still working.
jhadler
I wasn't planning on using anything else from the D-Jet with this idea. It would be a full Megasquirt installation. But I knew that MAP sensors and AIT snesors were cheap. The problem was that injectors usually aren't. And I have a bunch of extra 2.0L injectors in my garage...

-Josh2
Mueller
QUOTE (jhadler @ Nov 25 2005, 03:18 PM)
I wasn't planning on using anything else from the D-Jet with this idea. It would be a full Megasquirt installation. But I knew that MAP sensors and AIT snesors were cheap. The problem was that injectors usually aren't. And I have a bunch of extra 2.0L injectors in my garage...

-Josh2

sell the 2.0 injectors and get some correct ones on eBay...tons of reasonable priced Mustang injectors in many sizes are always on there....

I used my stock 1.8 injectors on my install, but it was easier since I used the stock plenum and such.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.