Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein Shocks on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smooth_eddy
I saw this on eBay today. I have Bils up front and KYB's in the back. Should I buy new or are these okay? I would use my 100 lb springs as I want a street ride. Eddy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...592058305QQrdZ1
dlo914
these might make the rear ride a bit high...i managed to get a set of bilsteins for the rear w/ 5 height settings and using 140lb weltmeister springs. cost will range around $90-120 for a pair of these shocks.
ArtechnikA
i am astonished at the number of people who continue to have no clue about stock 914 spring rates.

stock /4 springs are less than 60 lbs/in.
even the 914.6GT never had 100 lbs/in ...
SirAndy
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Nov 25 2005, 03:05 PM)
i am astonished at the number of people who continue to have no clue about stock 914 spring rates.

agree.gif

plus, those look like pretty old models. the later bilstein's are yellow and have 5 notches for different ride-height settings ...

the later ones are the ones you want ...
cool.gif Andy
smooth_eddy
Thanks Andy..........
rhodyguy
used. spend a little dough, get new.

k
SLITS
lol2.gif They are off a '75 at Pick-A-Part Riverside, CA. I was shown the car and was gonna grab them, but Bruce got back there before me.

Someone had tried to stuff a normal 1.7 with tailshifter into the '75 and had given up.

These were the only good parts left on the car.
jonwatts
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Nov 25 2005, 02:05 PM)

And I'm not astonished to see you back here, Rich. The 914club continues to be a traffic accident you just can't resist but look at.

biggrin.gif
maf914
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Nov 25 2005, 02:05 PM)
stock /4 springs are less than 60 lbs/in.
even the 914.6GT never had 100 lbs/in ...

I replaced the old stock rate springs with Weltmeister 100 lb springs and new Koni's on my car several years ago. Very nice improvement. Not a lot more stiffer than stock. A little more firm, but with new shocks it's a little hard to directly compare the springs. One thing for sure was that the ride height at the rear increased, by at least an inch. Some people say the original 30 year old springs sag. Maybe. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.