Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick rear brake question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dheinz
Do 914/6 and 914/4 use the same rear brake pads?

Thanks in advance
joea9146
Yes ... the pistons are bigger on the 914/6
sixerdon
I beg to disagree. I have original sixes and a four. The sixes are bigger.
Don
davep
Don is correct. The 914/6 rear uses pads the same size as the 914/4 front. The pds are not the exact same as the fronts though due to the two differnt size pin holes on the rear. They are as thick as the early 914/4 front. Almost the same pads as the 911 rear except for the pin holes.
mskala
QUOTE (davep @ Nov 26 2005, 12:19 PM)
Don is correct. The 914/6 rear uses pads the same size as the 914/4 front. The pds are not the exact same as the fronts though due to the two differnt size pin holes on the rear. They are as thick as the early 914/4 front. Almost the same pads as the 911 rear except for the pin holes.

agree.gif

At least in the past there have been online places that sold pads
that were the wrong (914-4) ones. I think a database got
screwed up somewhere in the past.

I just buy front 914-4 (early) pads and drill half the holes bigger.
The late 914 pads don't work as the calipers were redesigned
to use thicker pads to make them last longer.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (davep @ Nov 26 2005, 09:19 AM)

Early 911s used smaller rear calipers and pads, the same size as 914/4s, but with symetrical holes for the pins. See, blanket statements can often be misleading. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.